• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New biography of the Swamp Fox

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raise children to think for themselves, critically evaluate information and make sound decisions. I don't ask them to worship or look up to anyone without learning about them - and even so, IDEAS should inspire, not people. People do stuff and an accident of outcome (e.g.winning a battle) doesn't prove their actions were right or wrong. I apologize for using this example, but it helps make my point - Hitler was admired, was successful in many battles and thought he was saving his nation with the acts he inspired. Should we admire him because of this? We could say the same thing about Washington? It would NOT make the slightest bit of difference if someone other than Jefferson wrote the Declaration if Independence - the ideas communicated therein are significant.

Somehow, living wayyy out here in Gods country, as a child I totally missed the Swamp Fox series. I shall investigate on You Tube. I did (as pr far above post) read all the Hardy Boys books.

Do you raise your children to aspire to the achievements of great individuals, either contemporary or historic, or do you teach them that all men are imperfect and fall short of your high standards? What a sad world you live in and what a sad picture of mankind you paint, a world without heroes, a world un which all are varying degrees of evil.
I do believe that at times men respond to a higher calling and perform heroic acts. I also believe that men walk amongst us who aspire to high moral standards, and conduct themselves accordingly. I do believe that we all benefit by being held to a higher standard than you present.
A saying come to mind:
"The person who has nothing to brag about but their ancestors is like a potato; the best part of them is underground."
-Sir Thomas Overbore
I'd say this also applies to long-dead heroes...

Back