• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.New 36 cal rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaethjm

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just order new 36 cal cva bobcat.. I will be shooting .350 rb. I think 3f between 25 and 35 grains is feasable. I will play with loads I also wonder if over powder card would improve accuracy. Any thoughts out there or suggestions.

Hornady 000 buck by the five pound box. Commercial Basspro pre-lubed patches. Buy the biggest ones you can since each will allow you to load the 36 several times. I cut the larger ones into fourths. Mine likes 25 grains of 3f 777. It shoots Goex and Graf's 3f good at about 30 grains. Whatever patch you settle on, get a lot of it. They are sensitive to changing the patch material. Once you get the sights set, a different patch can move the point of impact a lot. Mine is very accurate.

I bought the similar CVA Squirrel rifle not too long ago, and it seemed to prefer the .018 patch over the .015. While I didn't consider using an over powder card, adjusting the patch thickness first might help to make that unnecessary.
Also, testing to determine the accuracy of the new Bobcat with/without over powder cards may depend on just how heavy the trigger pull weight is, how refined the sights are etc...
But if you have the cards, might as well try them and let us know how they work.

This was my report:
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/198464/post/319007/hl[/url]//

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the 36 bobcat, and it tuned in with 30grs of Goex 3f, .015 patch, .350 R/B, T/C Bore Butter lube. With mine it seems the type of lube I used made more of a difference in the grouping. With the bore butter I didn't haft to wipe the bore hardly at all.

I've tried some Maxi Balls with and without felt wads, but haven't found a satisfactory load with those as of yet.
I also tried some Buffalo 125gr hollow point conicals. They fit the bore loosely and shot poorly.
I didn't notice any improvement when using a wad with either of these loads.

Have fun with your new rifle, you'll have a blast shooting it. :winking:

Guncobbler;
I ordered it from the possible's shop 175.00 plus shipping phone 5052670247 the also have a websight.

I bought mine from Midsouth a few years back. There is a trader out of Ozark Mo. that had some of them last time I saw him. He was a little high at 200$, but they are getting harder to find these days.

Back