• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Neither rain, nor snow, nor blah blah.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done the math. based on current wait times, number of people, miles traveled, covid restrictions, top speed of a flying reindeer, head winds, elf labor shortages, etc. I estimate Santa's arrival to be somewhere around 2:45 am on December 25, 2021.
Thanks for a good laugh.

This. This right here. Every single delivery problem we're experiencing has its origins here.

There was one other thing that sabotaged the post office too. That is when congress passed the law requiring the post office to pre-fund their employee retirements 50 years into the future. Something no other government entity, business or corporation has to do.

Correct. To be honest it's a wonder USPS is even still in existance after the sabotage it's experienced. But that was the plan wasn't it.

There was one other thing that sabotaged the post office too. That is when congress passed the law requiring the post office to pre-fund their employee retirements 50 years into the future. Something no other government entity, business or corporation has to do.

They just got a 10 billion dollar "loan" from our tax dollars but the worthless devils can't deliver mail on time.

What I find interesting is that, not one single piece of election propaganda for a candidate arrived late, and I received over a 100 pieces.

I arranged to have a Christmas gift delivered for my wife last week. I knew the chances of it arriving on time were nil so I ponied up the extra cash and bought NEXT DAY AIR EXPRESS. It's the only service USPS guarantees. That package took.. drum roll please...four days to get here!
Now the good news is that since the delivery is guaranteed I get a return on the $46 it cost, but this more than anything illustrates the point. Some folks were out to get the PO and in my estimation they did their work well.

Last edited:
Correct. To be honest it's a wonder USPS is even still in existance after the sabotage it's experienced. But that was the plan wasn't it.

It would be very hard to get rid of it because it is written into the constitution. However, just damaging it slightly and making people angry is worth billions of dollars to other companies, in many different ways.
An upset person may choose another shipping company. $
An upset person may choose a different seller $
New equipment may need to be purchased $
The list goes on.

I absolutely don't want to see this thread devolve into politics so I'll make this my last to this particular sub-topic. Throughout all my adult life I've used and respected the USPO for its reliability. They really were the gold standard of reliability for most of my life. I'd like to see the PO valued again and all the people who broke it removed. Seeing what's happened to it makes me sad.
Just one man's opinion.

It would be very hard to get rid of it because it is written into the constitution. However, just damaging it slightly and making people angry is worth billions of dollars to other companies, in many different ways.
An upset person may choose another shipping company. $
An upset person may choose a different seller $
New equipment may need to be purchased $
The list goes on.

I absolutely don't want to see this thread devolve into politics so I'll make this my last to this particular sub-topic. Throughout all my adult life I've used and respected the USPO for its reliability. They really were the gold standard of reliability for most of my life. I'd like to see the PO valued again and all the people who broke it removed. Seeing what's happened to it makes me sad.
Just one man's opinion.

Just don't be mad at the people doing the deliveries regardless of who they work for. None of this is their fault. It's a fight between greed corporations and greedy politicians.

Completely agree. My PO guy is now and has always been terrific. It's a small operation in my small town but he has always gone the extra mile. I had a long talk with him about this very topic and it breaks his heart too, how the entity has been maligned and subverted.

Just don't be mad at the people doing the deliveries regardless of who they work for. None of this is their fault. It's a fight between greed corporations and greedy politicians.

I make and ship Mountain Dulcimers to all parts of the country, to Canada, Ireland and Australia. I had Pretty good experiences with the Post Office when I was in NJ, though sometimes it was nerve-wracking when tracking never updated as the item seemed lost, but since moving to NOrth Carolina this year all my domestic shipments are UPS. It’s much more reliable I am told by the locals and I don’t worry as much. I shipped an instrument from here to Manitoba (I had to use USPS since it was going to a PO Box) and tracking showed it took the scenic route to Miami. It did finally get to its destination after 3 weeks, but the customer said the biggest issue is the Canadian mail system! But whatever service I use, everything is sent fully insured!!

Sent Dec 5th, 2nd day. Arrived Dec 24th.

Sent Dec 15 two envelopes to same address. One arrived next day. The other still has not arrived.....

Basically gave up on USPS. No sense paying for any faster shipping. I aint gonna get there on time regardless....

Yes the USPS Postal Service SUCKS !. I have a Christmas gift that has been setting at the first distribution center it made it to since Dec. 13th. and the bozos at USPS can only say that due to the virus and "unprecedented" business packages might be delayed. They just got a 10 billion dollar "loan" from our tax dollars but the worthless devils can't deliver mail on time.
Macon
Ha! We got the same email.

I tell you...you really have to work to get the reputation that they do.

It's still happening. It will take a long time for USPS to return to normal.

Spence
Unless online ordering lessens the USPS will never return to normal without restructuring and more staff and equipment. Even FedEx freight was over loaded in spring too. They adjusted locally and it is better, UPS seems to have survived being a union shop and having reserve capacity

I don't blame the employees. They are usually a good bunch of people. There is always a few bad ones no matter where you go. I blame the person or persons in charge for screwing stuff up so bad. Playing games or just being stupid to get more funding but they are screwing with peoples lives. Some really depend on the mail for certain items. It could actually mean life or death for them.

Back