• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Neither rain, nor snow, nor blah blah.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a package last scanned in Chicago on the 12th....of Nov. I'm not counting on getting it. I sent the P.O. a request to check on it. They told me they would. 2 days later they wanted to know how they did. I told them how and I suppose to know since I have heard nothing from them. Haven't heard from them since. St. Louis P.O. is way behind. I've heard over a hundred truck vans sitting there waiting. I mailed a package out to a friend and it sat there 11 days before it moved. It was there 3 days before it was even received.

Worst year ever for the USPS and I'm still awaiting 4 presents that were ordered weeks ago and will obviously not be delivered by Christmas, though it was promised that they'd be here when they were ordered. OK, I'll get over it, but I had one really troubling experience this year and have heard some absolute horror stories from others. I don't blame my local post office or the rural carriers, but I'm not a big fan of the USPS any more.
Sometimes having a guaranteed lifetime job can take the edge off of incentive..

Even before the holiday rush, i noticed USPS serice had slowed significantly. Even when packages are electronically shown as "delivered" to our PO it suddenly took 3-4 days to make it to box. This holiday season its descended into abysmal with 25 day delivery times and more. Long lines out the PO door waiting to get to counter add to to problem. AT the counter poor clerks look about to either faint or explode. Some are saying its intentional.

We have have a very good mail man.

When we see him across the street we go out and and wait on him to come back. We go to the mail box and get what ever he has so he does not have to get out of his truck if there any packages.

Along with being our mail man he is also our newspaper man.

my local postmaster (tiny little town - no police dept ... about 350 full time residents) told me that she had just received a package that had been in Nashua since the 28 th of November ... she said they have huge staffing problems, and everyone there is working twelve hour days ...

I'm not sure if this happens everywhere, but our local Post Office closes the doors for lunch every day from 11:00 to noon. I don't know of any other business that does that.

I'm not sure if this happens everywhere, but our local Post Office closes the doors for lunch every day from 11:00 to noon. I don't know of any other business that does that.
One certain branch of Umqua Bank did this BEFORE the faux stuff and got away with it

DeJoy removed and dismantled over 711 mail sorting machines nation wide. The domino affect is now in play.

Ordered an old fashioned smoked ham, some smoked bacon, and a few pounds of ham steaks in late November and requested delivery the week of 14 December. They shipped from Kentucky to Pennsylvania and the product arrived on 17 December via Fedex in good condition.

You can get a warm day in December. Don't think I'd order perishable for August delivery.
A few years ago, I bought 4 bottles of pure, home made cane syrup from a guy I knew in south Georgia. Sent him a cardboard box with special foam packaging that is normally used for shipping wine, and asked to ship via FedEx or UPS on my dime. He used the USPS instead. I eventually got a note in the mailbox from my local Post Office to pick up a package. The Post Office clerk handed me a cardboard box in a USPS plastic crate. Three of the bottles were completely empty from from sitting in a hot USPS warehouse for several days (popped the seal I guess). The syrup had leaked all over the plastic crate and a bunch of 2nd class mail the USPS had packaged with the cardboard box (I guess he forgot to mark "This End Up"). Another reason why I don't use the Post Office for items that need to be somewhere by a certain date.

I can't criticize them too much. I've seen people - plural, as in multiple individuals over multiple trips - wheeling literal wheel-barrows full of packages into our local USPS office to ship.

Yes, I have a couple things taking a long time to make their destination. When demand outstrips capability by this much, it's no surprise.

You kidding I shipped a package flat rate 2day express dropped it off the morning of the 21st by afternoon it left my post office went to distribution sat there until 23 rd shows up at destination distribution on the 24th still sitting there. I set up all notifications it is now day 4 have not received 1 notification at the number I used. That it has even moved from my post office. Yes I got confirmation on the number I used and what services I selected. I’ve been tracking it myself. So if you can’t even get electronic confirmation. What can you expect
Yes the USPS Postal Service SUCKS !. I have a Christmas gift that has been setting at the first distribution center it made it to since Dec. 13th. and the bozos at USPS can only say that due to the virus and "unprecedented" business packages might be delayed. They just got a 10 billion dollar "loan" from our tax dollars but the worthless devils can't deliver mail on time.
Macon

Back