• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need Parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isiah1103

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking for a frizzen and maybe spring for a Pedersoli Kentucky rifle. Dixie doesn't have them. Anyone know who else might?

Actually, Dixie just might be able to help you. Years ago, I bought a Pedersoli Kentucky that Bubba had "improved" by trying to change the trigger action by filing the sear and tumbler. It took a while, but I found out that lock internal parts for Dixie's Deluxe Cub,Super Cub and Pennsylvania rifles were drop-in replacements for the Pedersoli lock. I bought a sear, tumbler and mainspring and they went right on that lock.

And I do realize that you have a flinter while my needs were percussion, but Dixie still sells a flintlock upgrade kit, replacing flintlock internals with percussion-style parts (tumbler with stirrup, appropriate mainspring, etc). Seems like many dimensions are similar between flint and percussion.

Anyway, if you want to check it out, the frizzen part # is FP1401 ($22.50); the frizzen spring is TP1402($7.50). It just might be worth looking into. Anyone else ever try this?

Something to think about. Hope this helps.

sneezy

Back