• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a little local help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray-Vigo

Yankee
Reaction score
Looking to put a White Lightning vent hole liner in a rifle I've had awhile. Does anyone know of a gunsmith local to northern Virginia that has experience with muzzleloaders and could do this sort of thing? I know of a few modern gun experienced smiths but am looking for someone familiar with muzzleloaders and the process for putting a white lightning in.

Not in northern VA but absolutely competent to do any flintlock work are Clay Smith in Williamsburg (757-258-5895) and Mark Elliott in Mechanicsville (804-746-8288). Robert Vanlier in Earlysville (434-975-3512) does muskets & could likely handle a liner.

Sorting thru some stuff on a rainy day here & found contact info on another longrifle smith who could do your liner (& much more) - Kent Smith in Rockville, VA at 804-749-4546. I see him & the nice guns he makes at the Southern Longrifles Show each year.

If you're close to the Potomac, you can jump on I-81 and go through the narrow part of Maryland up to the Scotland Exit (North end of Chambersburg, PA) and visit Jim Cullers at Ft. Chambers Gun Shop. It's about 31 miles from the Potomac.

Take Exit 20. Turn right on PA 696 S. Go a couple hundred yards and turn left on 997 S (Black Gap Rd.). Go about 100 yds. and turn left on Valley View Dr. The shop is on the corner and there is a big rifle sign. Easy to find.

Back