• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Neck knife...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFD60

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I decided to try a neck knife for my secound attempt at knife making. this is what I came up with.

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

I didn't get to crazy with polishing cause it's gonna see a lot of use. Please let me know what you think.

Most neck knives were small in size to reduce the weigh. Its not what we think that is important. It is what you think after wearing that knife around your neck all day long, tht will be important.

I think you will find that the wide blade serves no useful purpose to you. A narrower blade will do what you want to do with that short a blade.

The workmanship is excellent. Congratulations. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

paulvallandigham said:
I think you will find that the wide blade serves no useful purpose to you. A narrower blade will do what you want to do with that short a blade.

I agree. Great workmanship, but the width of the blade only adds weight, with no added benefit. But then, style is important too. Some people like a wide blade, even if there's no practical value.

Looks like an excellent small game or furbearer spcialty knife. Where you wear it will be your own decision but I don't like to carry knives around my neck :shocked2:

Is it meant to hang upside down as you carry it?

Yes it hangs upside down...and as far as weight, I don't even know it's there...

I hadn't thought of hanging one upside down. That sure solves the problem of drawing it one-handed, as I want to be able to do with a neck knife. I really hate knives hanging from a belt. They take up too much room inside a bag, and I haven't got around to putting one on the outside of my bag. Basically I'm looking for utility rather than any concern about whether someone thinks I'm PC for their interests. If it's not a neck knife, it's going to be a folder in my pocket or maybe, just maybe on my bag.

Any fears of that blade piercing the leather if you fall on it or bang into something? I've recently tried lining sheaths- one with rawhide and the other with thin, carefully fitted slabs of oak. Not completely happy with the rawhide, and the wood works well. Liner #3 is going to be wood.

Back