• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

neck knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasontn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
heres a neat knife i found at a flea market in nashville it was filthy and appeared to be wood handled but after a good cleaning it turned out to be bone been told maybe ivory but im sticking with bone anyways it was a table knife butter knife round style blade bout 3 inches longer than now i cut it down and re edged it my question is this the blade is only barely 1/8th thick i know a knifes for cutting but is this too thin for any practical use? what im looking at is a small game knife/patch/general purpose no buthering or any such thanx guys

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/jasontn38581/neckknife.jpg

yep i do all my own stuff at least all i am capable of doing and some i aint real good at but i do it anyways i just learned how to use the camera and photobuckett so ill psot some more stuff soon as i can

I like what you did good job !! Can you explain how you trimmed and shaped it ?

when i bought it the blade was around 7 inches long with a butter knife style tip a typical table knife i have learned i took a cut off wheel on my dremel and cut the blade at an angle low side on the cutting edge high side towards spine to keep it cool i had it laid on a damp towel next i used a sanding drum on low speed to round the new edge out of the angle the rest i did with some needle files to give it a proper cutting edge i styled the new edge after scalper style knives i also took a drum and tapered the spine down some to reduce the curve of it its a really thin less than an 1/8 close to a 1/16 so it didnt take much to reshape it i aint real good with details hope this helps ya out crazy crow sells a new style of knife such as this if ya want to look ad see what it started life as i been told this one and a few more like it are from the late 1800s early 1900s

i like it nice nife looks like it would fit in back then i like simple knives like that :front:

what im looking at is a small game knife/patch/general purpose no buthering or any such thanx guys
Jasontn,
:imo: it would serve you well for what
you are looking for. Just wondering if you know how it
holds an edge?
snake-eyes

Back