• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Napoleon Movie Trailer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Coming to theaters around Thanksgiving, it said. Something to look forward to!
If all else fails, the action looks very promising. I was original skeptical when I saw the romance plots, but after some quick research, it looks like Napoleon actually did have some… interesting… extra curricular activities

If all else disappoints, watching cuirassiers charge on the big screen will be worth it.

Yep. The way I see it with these historical movies is, they may not always be perfect, and folks like us on this forum will scoff when we catch historical flaws, but they don't make tons of historical movies anymore, so when one comes out, unless its a total joke, its worth a chance and a watch. And a film that may pique someone's curiosity to dive further into history, reenacting, muzzle loading, etc is a win in my book.

Not really sure about a 48 year-old Joaquin Phoenix playing a 28 year-old Napoleon Bonaparte
bonaparte-1798.jpg!Large.jpg

While stationed at Ramstein AFB, Germany, my son went out with his FIL to go metal-detecting a site that the FIL had researched. It was outside of a small German town where the local militia skirmished with Napoleon's forces. They found numerous lead musket balls, plus some remnants from incendiary shells dropped by previous American visitors in the '40's.
They had found enough to share, and I brought home (we went to visit him in Germany) some musket balls, but I don't know which side shot them. Either way, they're quite cool.

A trailer for the new Napoleon movie dropped yesterday:

There looks to be plenty of muzzleloading action. I am cautiously optimistic about the rest of the movie because Ridley Scott usually knows what he is doing.

Wow! Talk about Atmospherics and period lighting! I recall a Bi-Cen movie, came out right around 1976, used a new camera lens with full open f-stop to get low lighting. Can't recall the name, guy went into the British Army, Tom Jones or something like that. ? Can't wait to see this Nappy movie.

I saw this movie last night and very nearly walked out of it.
Two and a half hours of Josephine, Josephine and more Josephine.
They managed to squeeze in about twenty minutes of “battle scenes” which mostly consisted of watching some artillery.
It’s a mess of tidbits of history, combined with crappy acting.
Save your money and instead watch “War and Peace” again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back