• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mystery Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a pistol that I can't find much information about. It resembles a couple cavalry pistol I found. I believe it's an antique, but I don't know that for sure. That's why I'm here. What I do know is the stock is walnut (not just stained) there are no proof or import stamps on it. (That a reproduction should have) The only stamping is a 3 Digit number on the inside of the lock. It's has a 36cal rifled barrel. No ram rod holder.The brass trigger guard is a heavy quality one. I appreciate anyone who may know more about this pistol. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240128_084724.jpg
    20240128_084724.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240128_084831.jpg
    20240128_084831.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240128_084748.jpg
    20240128_084748.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I suspect you have a target pistol made up of various parts in the last 40-50 years. It is interesting and shows ingenuity.
Interesting, I didn't consider that. If that is the case it was done with several matching parts. For instance, the trigger guard has a hole in the bottom to let you take one of two screws out to release the barrel from the stock. That same screw also goes through the trigger assembly. And if someone did make that stock to accommodate the fitting of the lock, trigger set and barrel, I'm impressed! Thank you.

Just a home workshop project. But it has its own charm, and may be very accurate!

Latest posts

Back