• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Georgian flintlock pistol - but what type?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lidsman

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to know more about this Georgian flintlock pistol. It has the GR and the Tower marks, but the later seems to have been stamped twice. The trigger guard doesn't look like the typical one seen on British military arms and what's the brass disc on the left side of the pistol?
I hope someone could help me with information about this pistol.
Regards,
Ulf Lidsman

Attachments

• T1.png
    T1.png
    580.3 KB · Views: 4
  • T2.png
    T2.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 0
  • T3.png
    T3.png
    471.6 KB · Views: 0
  • T4.png
    T4.png
    525.2 KB · Views: 0
Yes, I had the same thought. I don't have the pistol but I have been offered to buy it but since I'm not sure about the model I hesitate a bit.

The barrel seems to be shortened and the grip is much more straight (I'm not sure of the correct word in English) than most of the Sea service pistols I have seen. The disc could very well be for a belt hook but other sea service pistols have another solution.

Attachments

• Fig2.jpg
    Fig2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0
I have the same (or that its some kind of Franken-pistol) feeling Dave and I hoped to get that confirmed here.

Latest posts

Back