• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Turkey gun got a makeover

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wattlebuster

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I built me a jug choked 12 ga turkey gun on a english pattern back in early 2012 from a precarve stock. I never was happy with the job I did building it but it shot such a good pattern that I went ahead an was living with it. Then last turkey season while going down a steep incline I fell on the gun an broke it at the wrist. Last summer I sent the lock an barrel to Joe Schell an told him to fix me up with a new iron mounted turkey taker an he is what he did for me. I told him to throw some age on it an I will do my best to keep my fat butt off of this one. It was a brass mounted english fowler. Now its a iron mounted southern turkey smooth rifle. The top pic is before an the rest is all Joe. Its a colerain 32 inch 12 ga Danny Caywood jug choked full barrel and a Chambers roundfaced english lock. Joe hand forged everything else. Hope ya like :thumbsup:

I like it! That's got some great personality. Warm and believable. Looks like its gonna be awesome in the turkey woods! :thumbsup:

Very well done. Looks like it's be a joy to chase some gobblers with.

Very good looking turkey taker! Like the spur on the sling. Looking forward to seeing a big old gobbler laying along side of it. Dan.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Curt Lyles made the lined bag an Scott Sibley made the horn. His wife did the turkeys on the horn. All three of them are very talented people. The bag an horn is for when its our 6 week turkey season. I have a separate bag an horn for deer season when its time for Achilles to be loaded with a .690 ball. It keeps either bag from becoming to heavy trying to carry shot and ball :thumbsup:

Very Very Nice!!! big flint- big pan!
Great looking smooth bore.
That's a turkey thumper! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back