• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Southern Mountain Rifle is finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
View attachment 220928
DSCN1051.JPG
DSCN1044.JPG
DSCN1042.JPG
My Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle is finished. I was advised to take my time and watch Jim Kibler's videos.
That's what I did and this is the results.
It's 45 cal stocked in Cherry. I added a bean style patch box , a toe plate and a steel ramrod tip.
The stock was stained using 1 tsp of Lye in a pint of water and finished with 6 hand rubbed coats of Lin-Speed oil.
I use Jax brass blacking to finish the barrel and the steel furniture.
It's the first Kit I've done and all I can say is Jim's kits are amazing.

Attachments

• DSCN1045 (2).JPG
    DSCN1045 (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1041 (2).JPG
    DSCN1041 (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Giggly nice! I will most definetly have a cherry stock on my next Kibler, either colonial or woodsrunner. Give us some details on metal and wood finish. Nobody here wouldn't be proud of that job!!

View attachment 220928View attachment 220929View attachment 220931View attachment 220932My Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle is finished. I was advised to take my time and watch Jim Kibler's videos.
That's what I did and this is the results.
It's 45 cal stocked in Cherry. I added a bean style patch box , a toe plate and a steel ramrod tip.
The stock was stained using 1 tsp of Lye in a pint of water and finished with 6 hand rubbed coats of Lin-Speed oil.
I use Jax brass blacking to finish the barrel and the steel furniture.
It's the first Kit I've done and all I can say is Jim's kits are amazing.
Excellent job, love the toe plate that echoes the tang. I’ve built Jim’s Colonial in .54 and am in full agreement with you on the quality of Jim’s kits.
Snoot

Back