• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My sons bird hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berk

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My son has a friend who was going pheasant humting with his long bow. He asked if you need some backup Ill go. His friend said well my dad is going but your welcome to come too.
To make a long story short at the end of the day long bow 2 hits no kills. The dad shooting modern 2 phesants my son 5 pheasant and 1 chucker using TVM American fowler. I guess everyone was skeptical when he pulled out a long barreled flint lock but he made a beleaver out of them. Here is a pic.
tgbirds-email.jpg

Berk

A good day, a great flinter, but what is over looked is the testimony of a good shooter. The birds wouldn't have fallen if the guy pulling the trigger wasn't a good shooter. Huzzah. Good show and a great picture.

Berk said:
My son has a friend who was going pheasant humting with his long bow. He asked if you need some backup Ill go. His friend said well my dad is going but your welcome to come too.
To make a long story short at the end of the day long bow 2 hits no kills. The dad shooting modern 2 phesants my son 5 pheasant and 1 chucker using TVM American fowler. I guess everyone was skeptical when he pulled out a long barreled flint lock but he made a beleaver out of them. Here is a pic.
tgbirds-email.jpg

Berk
hay way to go.
I just got and yet to shoot a american fowler from TVM how do you like the barrel? did you find it wavy inside? What are you using for load and shot thanks for the info and again way to go

This is my sons gun so I dont have it with me to check for waves. I can shoot shot in it pretty good though the pull is a little long for me. I have won a couple of medals with it on the quail walk at friendship. I have not shot RB through it much and I am not too good with it. My son can shoot RB with it almost as good as I shoot my..40 Ten.TVM.He has tied with me several times and on ocasion beat me on the clubs woods walk. Targets from 15 - 130 yards. He prefers .595 RB but .600 will do.

To hit on target you have to cover the target with the barrel so we are going to bend it to shoot right this weekend. Its a great shooting gun if you can do your part.

Berk

GREAT PIC! My son surprises me with what he
can do with a bow but he is a bow man and I am a
B/P guy.He is quick to remind me that I can only
hunt maybe 14 days with B/P he can hunt almost
3 months with a bow. Don't seem right, but that
is the way it is here in Ohio.Really be nice to
see traditional B/P run at the same time as bow
season.But, Knight and others won't let that
happen.IMO
snake-eyes

You know ever since I got my smoothbore shooting well with shot, It has become hard to pick the semi-auto shot gun out of the safe. Call me crazy but it seems so much more gratifying to harvest with BP.
Craig

Back