• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My old Hawken Makes Meat!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint.

Smokepole 54
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
At 20 yards all I had was a neck shot and took it. No deer in sight after the smoke cleared. I found him laying right where he stood a few moments before. He was not moving except blinking his eyes. He wasn’t dead! I should have reloaded right after the shot. I moved away to reload just in case he might come to and want to get even. A finishing shot sealed the deal.

He is the biggest bodied and antlered buck I’ve taken and would have been a 12 point if two tines weren’t broken.

This 50 caliber TC Hawken was my first muzzleloader and I bought it new in the 80’s.
20211115_170612.jpg

At 20 yards all I had was a neck shot and took it. No deer in sight after the smoke cleared. I found him laying right where he stood a few moments before. He was not moving except blinking his eyes. He wasn’t dead! I should have reloaded right after the shot. I moved away to reload just in case he might come to and want to get even. A finishing shot sealed the deal.

He is the biggest bodied and antlered buck I’ve taken and would have been a 12 point if two tines weren’t broken.

This 50 caliber TC Hawken was my first muzzleloader and I bought it new in the 80’s.View attachment 105245
Awsome deer with a classy ending ,done by HAWKEN!!!!/Ed

T/C traditional muzzleloaders have made untold memories over the years. So glad for your success. Always reload instantly, though! I've seen stunned deer regain their feet after a few minutes if the spine wasn't broken. Good that this ol boy was down for the count.

Back