• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new/old horn and bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So ive had this horn laying around my entire life. I used to play with it as a child. It was the remaining piece of either a Davey Crockett or Daniel Boone play set offered in the Sears Christmas catalog of the 1950s era. Any of y'all remember them? Anyhow it was from my Fathers youth and was saved by him and then me all these years. He is now passed on and I decided I would do something with it. I gave it to a Horner friend from Boone NC and gave him full artistic licence. He also crafted a bag to go along with it. I now have something sentimental that can be carried into the squirrel woods. Before and after photos of the horn. What do you think of it?
James
20190726_080706.jpg
20190726_080654.jpg
20210308_122949.jpg
20210308_122919.jpg
20210308_122859.jpg

Attachments

• 20201110_110122.jpg
    20201110_110122.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 189
That looks absolutely great ! I still have my Marx/ Disney, Davy Crockett playset (From Sears).. but never had a horn

Great horn and bag ! Nice looking rifle too. :thumb: :cool:

So ive had this horn laying around my entire life. I used to play with it as a child. It was the remaining piece of either a Davey Crockett or Daniel Boone play set offered in the Sears Christmas catalog of the 1950s era. Any of y'all remember them? Anyhow it was from my Fathers youth and was saved by him and then me all these years. He is now passed on and I decided I would do something with it. I gave it to a Horner friend from Boone NC and gave him full artistic licence. He also crafted a bag to go along with it. I now have something sentimental that can be carried into the squirrel woods. Before and after photos of the horn. What do you think of it?
James

The shot pouch is good, but WOW did your Horner do a GREAT job on that horn!! He turned a family heirloom into an instant family treasure!

Gus

I think we all grew up in a better time. back in the 50's we had no drive buy's, for something to do?

Your friend is clearly not only a good friend but also a skilled horner. He did a beauiful job on the transformation.
Nice bag, too, but the horn is stunning!

Thanks for all the kind replies. I had my Fathers initials put on it. Thought it would be a nice touch. I like the pinwheels as well. I have seen them on original examples. This is the first flat horn/ flask ive owned and I am really enjoying it.
James

Back