• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new Mike Small Powder Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my new Mike Small powder horn. He is here on the forum check him out he does great work I am very satisfied with mine. Thanks for looking

P2040015.jpg

I'v met n talked with Mike over the years at rondezvous n he is one fine hornsmith, someday I'm gonna own one of his. He is just yer regular sort of fella n don't put on any airs at all fer all that dang talent he has. Fine looking horn, nice knife too

That's a great looking horn. I've long admired his work. You ought to take the picture and write up a short review and put it in the Product Review section. I see that there is nothing in there about powder horns.

Keep the powder dry and shoot straight.
Gary

That's a dandy :thumbsup: Mike makes great horns. Here's the one he made for me with a left side curve. It also has a rawhide repair. I had him carve my initials on the butt plug

Horn_powder2.JPG

Thats a nice horn I really like the repair look I am thinking about sending mine back and see if he would do a patch on mine but I cant make up my mind I also didnt know he would put my name on it I like that too can you post more pics of yours thanks for looking and for sharing I really enjoy looking at all the different pics people post I can get so many ideas thanks again :thumbsup:

I am thinking about sending mine back and see if he would do a patch on mine but I cant make up my mind.

I wouldn't do that it looks too good as it is. Why don't you just have him make another horn and add your initials and a rawhide repair? I've got several bag and horn sets for different guns.

Here's one with a couple brass patch repairs.

Jay_bag.JPG

Back