• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

my knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howdydoit

45 Cal.
Reaction score
heres a knife a buddy made for me. The shape isnt really what i wanted but he did a very good job. The blade is an old knife my parents used to use when I was little. Its been reshaped, and it hold a edge like no mans buisness.

knife

Looks like one ta ride tha river with .. and with a family history ta boot! Wow! ya cannot beat that! :hatsoff:

Davy

I like it, is the blade a reshaped 'Old Hickory' butcher knife? They were (think still being made) good knives. When was you "little"? long time back, eh?

Nice knife. You probable don't like the shape of the clip point? You can change that easy enought. Just grind it slow and cool. Dilly

Hey - new member here. Howdy - what is it you don't like about the knife? I'll try to post a picture of a patch knife and sheath I've just finished.

Knifeandsheathfront.jpg

Well, that didn't end up like Howdy's did. How do you do that??

well im 34 so prolly little still to alot of folks here. My parents may have gotten them from my grandparents. But they make a great blade.

the shape doesnt fall into the F&I era im trying to get into. Unless some one more knowledgeable can tell me different. It will fit in with my Mou ntain man persona im trying to build.

I love the knife. Use it on just about everything.
Thanks for the Coments ill pass them on.

Not bad...

I see that the curve is a little steep at the tip, but still a nice blade.

I believe it is an old hickory, judging by the "divots" on the blade.

And yes, they are still made and available at Cumberland General. [url] www.cumberlandgeneral.com[/url]

Legion

Last edited by a moderator:
no im not changing anything. i like the knife just fine. Just ask for something a little different. this knife will get plenty of use trust me. :thumbsup:

yes its an old hickory knife.

I dont mean to highjack this thread, but Jacque, that is a beutiful sheath. Is that rawhide? And if so, will the rawhide found at the pet store do for such a sheath. I am making a patch knife right now and would like to do a rawhide sheath, but have no idea how!

Thanks,
Scott.

Thank you, Lakota. Yes, it is rawhide. And, I agree - we should not barge in or steal Howdy's thread. I'm new to the site and am still trying to see how it works. My suggestion - I think if you start a new thread under the discussion 'Crafts' - 'How to make a rawhide sheath' - we can get a proper thread going. It's my first sheath with rawhide - but, I'll be glad to share what little I know so far.

Back