• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Hand Gonne

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got a great gift from Pitchy, a .50 cal hand gonne. I decided to blue it and got mounted on a shovel handle. Gotta get my match cord and holder made and drill the touch hole, then I can practice accuracy. I want to get one of those big hogs we have here in Texas with it.

100_1079.jpg

100_1080.jpg

100_1081.jpg

Hey! How do you rate a gonne from Pitchy?? Nice looking one, by the way. Let us know if you get one of those hogs, along with pictures. Emery

Uh oh...Now everone and his brother will be asking Pitchy to build them a gonne. I know I sure will when I get some extra cash. :haha: :hatsoff:

Glad ya like it RB and hogs look out.
Thanks gents, i`ll be building a canon for a spell next. :thumbsup:

Ahem, Roaring Bull,
Let me give the benefit of my experience with the handgonne.
A friend and I were shooting at a five eighth inch plywood backer with our target on it. This was with the .60 cal. that I sold to Musketeer. At 28 grs. 3fg. some shots did not penetrate the backer at 30 yards.
Now I know you can increase the powder, but you are working with a pistol length barrel, and your velocity will not increase like it would with a longer barrel.
I am thinking that one of those hoggs are a bit tougher than a piece of plywood.
All I am asking is that you think this through. Enraged hoggs can do you a great deal of damage.
volatpluvia

He may need to consider a good long plug bayonet for that gonne as a second line of defense. Truth be known it wold probably be more effective than the ball would be.
:hmm:

on this guys hompage, there is a gonne that might just do the trick. i think that this was a previous job that he did, but hey a gonne and a boars spear. :thumbsup: do something like this and u might be somewhat protected.

Thanks for the advice...it has not fallen on deaf ears. I believe that I will stick to my .54 for hogs and leave the gonne for target fun.

Might bring it along in case I see a small pig tho....

Latest posts

Back