• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first Gonne

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Wes , told me the gonne I ordered in .62 should ship tomorrow cant wait to get that sucker in my hands :grin:

Here is a quick picture. Sorry Its dark:O(

gonne03.jpg

This one should be pretty fun!

Thanks, Wes

Wes, thanks for the pic thats cool!! I think i'll enjoy the new toy when it arrives :thumbsup:

Looks like we'll need a new target for the match next weekend.
I stayed late at work tonight and got started on mine.
Craig

Yea Craig, that would be a good idea maybe we can get the claybird thrower out and try shooting claybirds :rotf: all joking aside if you get yours done Craig please bring it I'd like to see what you turned out .

L Hunter,
That could work! In a barrel that short one could load a large shot column and good charge of powder. The load would spread rapidly, but with enough shot one would only have to point it in the general direction of the clay bird to get a scoring piece of it. Hee Hee! :blah: :rotf: :confused:
volatpluvia

I don't know if it will be done but I'll bring it along.
How long is the gonne that you have on the way??
Craig

Hunter, that's a nice lookin' gonne! Congrats. Get a target sent in! I'm heading out to shoot mine soon as the weather lets up a bit. Had it planned for this last week, but a storm blew in.

Mine is a 75 cal at 13" long, still working on the tiller. It will be laminated oak or solid walnut, just not sure which way I'll go yet.
Craig

There ya go Craig, Now you can brag to everyone at the club that yours is bigger than mine :grin: :bull:

Everyone knows it's not the size that counts!
I really can't waite to set this thing off. It ought to be a real hoot.
Craig

Yea its a whole diff way of throwing lead , I belive in battle some buck shot would be in order ! more likely to do some damage when firing at your enemy .

L Hunter,
Great idea! Here in NJ I am required to use shotgun. Do you think they would let me use the handgonne and a load of single ought buckshot? Haw! Haw!
God bless.
volatpluvia

LHunter,
I think that I'm going to have to try it using some 5 shot to see if I can knock down a tree rat.
I have the metal work done now and will start the tiller tomorrow I hope.
The guys at work now think that I have finally gone over the top. They knew I was nuts when I got the Atlatel, and just shake there heads now. :)
So what range will I have? 20-25 yds?

Craig

Boy I started something now ! NJ,well I doubt them letting you use it for deer but I know its a fun notion and all lucky they even allow hunting in them parts :rotf: . Tree rats now thats possible I'd like to see the look on the warden's face :shocked2: if he saw you hauling that through the woods. Hey but maybe we can get the fools to allow us a special season for deer seeing how we gotta killem all to save the forrest's

Yes, he and I are not best of friends. We had a conversation 5 monthe ago over the Atlatl, :nono: and 3 weeks ago at the range when he saw the spot light on my preditor gun :blah: :blah: :blah:
Really I hope to do some damage on some vermin with this thing. You know like sit 20' from a ground hog hole in my ghillie suite on :shocked2:
Craig

Oh i can here it now years from now there will be songs written about you ,go like this > killed him a groundhog in his ghille suit and gonne :rotf:

I've been thinking about tree rat too. As soon as the weather allows, I'm gonna try patterning it with shot to see if it's feasible. I still haven't had a chance to get my target shot yet, argh! It's been either raining or windy.

L Hunter,
I have been seeing large flocks of turkey almost on a daily basis, right in town as well as out of town. They are widely srpead flocks so I know I am not just seeing the same flock everywhere. Also, deer are running over everything here in South Jersey and the authorities are encouraging deer hunting. I thought about my blowgun for the turkeys that walked past my house last week. What do you think?
God bless.
volatpluvia

Good one Joe :rotf: But I think that you have missed your calling man. Quit working on those Harley's and start doing lyrics for the rest of the world to enjoy.

I got the tiller on tonight, will finish sanding tomorrow. I think that I may have made it a bit too short. I'll get your thoughts Sunday.

I'm going to throw a bit of shot tomorrow night if I can get some shot cards locally.

Volatpluvia,
I've been to the south parts of NJ. Nice, had seen some deer myself there. Don't use the posion Darts in your blowgun for turkey, it will make the meat tast funny.

Craig

:)

Back