• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first Flintlock arrived!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Rogers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have to write because I am soooo excited about my new flintlock.

TVM (Matt and Toni) just finished my rifle last month and sent it to me in Vermont when I was home on leave.

I had ordered it the year prior and had been waiting anxiously for my leave home from Korea all year so that I could shoot it.

It arrived with two weeks to go on my leave and all I can say is that the rifle is everything I had dreamed it would be and MORE!!!

It is absolutely beautiful and amazing!

I received it right on time just as TVM said I would and I got together with my best friend, my wife, my Dad and two nephews and went shooting.

First thing to say is that not one of us had ever handled, let alone shot, a flinter before. We set up a 25 meter pistol target (all I could find) and we were all hitting 25 meter targets right out of the box!!! No one missed. I could not believe it.

The rifle handles absolutely beautifully, amazingly balanced. It looked like it would be heavy in the box to me but when I picked it up it felt so light and natural in my hand. My Dad also could not believe how easily it lay in the hand and how light it was.

We did not have any miss fires, perfect every time.

It was just such a blast shooting it and I almost slept with it the first night but my wife was getting jealous :)

Actually she shot it as well and hit the target also. It was only the second weapon she had ever fired (the other being an M-16 in basic training:)

I cannot say enough good things about it.

I will never hunt with a conventional rifle again. It is so much fun to handle and shoot. At the recommended load of 2F there was no kick at all. Just awesome.

Truly cannot believe how much fun it was.

I'll try to figure out how to get some photos of her up in the near future, although the photos I took do not do her justice. Maybe Toni will be able to post a few if she sees this post and they took some.

What a beauty.

The specs on it are: 0.62 cal Rice swamped rifled 44 inch barrel with Chambers right handed Early Ketland lock, super premium maple, wooden patch box, brass hardware, and swivels.

Man, it is awesome! Even with the two hour cleaning afterwards :) Had to clean her up good as I had to put it into storage at my Dad's place in VT when I headed back to Korea last Saturday :(

Only 11 months until I PCS back to the States!

I'll have to find a way to get pics up of it.

Oh yeah, I'm left handed but just shot it righty and had no problem. Hit the "9" ring on both my first shots. Beginners luck!!! (anbd also an amazing rifle!)

Thanks for listening to me go on like it was a new baby! Man, what a blast.

Flinters for life!

I'm sure 'll be asking all sorts of questions soon but for now I just had to write about it and let you know how awesome TVM is and how much I am hooked on flinters!!!

Godspeed!

Doc

Glad you are enjoying your new toy. Anything that has a pan for powder is a lot of fun. :thumbsup: I was in Korea about 35 or so years ago. I'll bet it has changed a lot since then.i was with the 7th Infantry at Tong Du Chon.

Sounds like a shooter for sure
:thumbsup:

But...remember this...there's no cure from Flint-itis...there is no 12 step program...you can only hope to keep it somewhat in check by shooting a lot of black powder, smelling a lot of white smoke, etc... :grin:

Doc,
I am thrilled that you had such a good time the first time out. It just shows you that buying the right gonne the first time is so right. You wouldn't believe some of the stories of trying to get cheap kits to work.
Good show, diving in head first!
volatpluvia

Fd91226.jpg
[/img]

yes..Flinters are Fun....but addicting!

Just give it some time Doc and you may start to like it...... :grin:

congrats! i hope this is the first of many great days on the range with your flinter.

thank you, by the way, for your service. remember the quote which goes something like " ... many sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf."

I was there (though I missed the first 2 rounds) it was very cool. Unbelieveable how well balanced it was in the hand, since it is just short of a mile long. Learned cleaning it requires high ceilings ( 44 inch barrel and 48 inch ram, plus stock!!) It was a blast, as well as the rest of the time. :hatsoff:

I am glad you enjoy it and sounds like a real keeper! Becareful over there and thanks for what you do for all of us! :hatsoff:

Doc, it's too bad you can't muster up a little enthusiasm :grin: Congratulations on your new rifle!

Back