• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Bess should be here today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pedersoli Brown Bess Musket is out for delivery right now... I can't wait to see it!

I'll have plenty of questions, I'm sure... I've got some flints and powder right now but nothing else. I'll probably have to shoot some blanks in the back yard tonight just for fun. :grin:

I'll get some pictures later, too, if anyone wants to see another Bess.

We would love to see some pictures. Read up on buck and ball loads. May want to try that for fun some day. Have fun and congradulations :thumbsup:

my first musket was a bess and it was my all round huntin' gun for years .

everthing from rabits to moose and bear and deer to grouse ,a real work horse .

show us some pictures when she get there.

good luck shootin' your new bess.

:thumbsup:

The Brown Bess is my absolute favorite Pedersoli product.

You'll be happy, congratulations. :grin:

We do need pics.

:hatsoff:
Spot

well......did the Bess arrive? I'll bet she did and you are soooooo Excited ya can't even see straight let alone type!
please bring us up to date! that is when ever you quit quivering with excitement.....

Spot said:
The Brown Bess is my absolute favorite Pedersoli product.

You'll be happy, congratulations. :grin:

We do need pics.

:hatsoff:
Spot
Sage advice, I still have mine 20+ years later! Until he posts pics, here's mine, second from the left with the brown sling. Click to enlarge.

Sorry for the suspense! It did arrive, about five minutes before I had to leave for work for the night.

It's a "used" one, but never fired... I'll get pics up hopefully tomorrow night after work. They'll be "before" pictures as it looks like I'll have to work it over some.

One thing that's making me nervous... the cock (hammer) seems to have almost no spring tension on it at all. I'll have to pull the lock and see if the mainspring is broken or out of whack in some way.

I did stop on the way home from work to meet some old friends for a couple pints... not grog but close enough. :grin:

sounds like a awesome musket. can't wait to see pictures. good thing is if it need a new part pendersoli is still in business.

Hey, sorry, late night at work tonight. Too exhausted to pull it apart now :(

I will hopefully get to deliver an update tomorrow morning.

Pictures! Click on them for bigger versions.

As you can see I've some cleanup to do and I want to rework the stock to take the machining marks off and give it a better color.

No updates yet on the lock situation... still haven't pulled it off.

I have never seen anyone post pics in that fashion. ...I cant git em all to load...
Pull that Lock...uer driving me crazy!
I cant believe someone would sell a gun with a broken mainspring without mentioning it to the buyer....something got to be in the works causing it to bind...
by the way the frizzen looks brand new...

That's one of the Japanese Besses. The brass piece is a flash guard--they are very common and required by some re-enactment groups.

scalper, I think Mr. Frizzen is referring to the other poster above who was wondering about the value of his Bess.

As for the pics -- they don't get bigger when you click on them? I'll have to try to fix them later. They are rather large (1000px wide) so I didn't want to post them directly. The frizzen is indeed new -- no flint marks at all.

My Fault...My appologies Mr Frizzen...
I thought he may had had a Senior moment...while in fact I may have had one// :rotf:

I am still wanting to know why your mainspring feels weak???
the pics dont enlarge when "I" click on them...

Back