• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader phrases out of context

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You two must be clairvoyant --- how do you know if you don't agree with a statement if you don't read it first :dunno: :doh:-- I will stick with my original comment - have a happy forth:ghostly::thumb:.

Don't keep it swabbed out it gets really tight and becomes quite the battle to stuff it in.
(I actually said that at the range, and it came right back at me LOL)

Too many people today use the following phrases out of context with absolutely no idea as to their true origins and meanings:

"going off half-cocked"

"like a flash in the pan"

"loaded for bear"

"shooting your wad"

"lock, stock and barrel"

Sadly, that seems to be what passes for a modern education gets you these days... seemingly public schools these days only 'teach' enough for pupils to pass state-mandated testing to ultimately achieve more taxpayer funding, all the while indoctrinating unwitting and unthinking entitled students with contemporary propaganda... too many parents send their offspring to public schools merely for 'daycare' and for free meal handouts (which should not be the school's function!) and to receive their participation awards for doing nothing!
I couldn't agree with you more. Parents and public schools do nothing more than teach kids that they are "ENTITLED" to everything for free.

Too many people today use the following phrases out of context with absolutely no idea as to their true origins and meanings:

"going off half-cocked"

"like a flash in the pan"

"loaded for bear"

"shooting your wad"

"lock, stock and barrel"

Sadly, that seems to be what passes for a modern education gets you these days... seemingly public schools these days only 'teach' enough for pupils to pass state-mandated testing to ultimately achieve more taxpayer funding, all the while indoctrinating unwitting and unthinking entitled students with contemporary propaganda... too many parents send their offspring to public schools merely for 'daycare' and for free meal handouts (which should not be the school's function!) and to receive their participation awards for doing nothing!
I couldn't agree with you more. Parents and public schools do nothing more than teach kids that they are "ENTITLED" to everything for free.

Latest posts

Back