• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mr Hoyt, no new work until after March 2023

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rumor has it on a sister website, that per a message on Mr. Hoyt's voice mail as of 29 Dec, he is not taking on anymore work until after March.

Unverified. Maybe others have insight.

Well, good workmanship is in demand these days... Bummer, I was thinking about having one o' those TOTW T/C drop-in barrels bored out to 16 gauge. Then again, I got a few months to wait, so maybe I can find a donor that actually NEEDS to be re-bored.

Yeah, but I can just about buy a complete gun for what barrels are going for there. Think I'll visit a few pawn shops...
Just ask here. I picked up a renegade barrel for a very decent price from a member. That barrel JUST made it under the wire to Mr. Hoyt before the doors shut until after March.

Last edited:
Last edited:
As busy as he has been, I don’t find it strange that he’s not taking any orders until march
When he did some barrel work for me 8 / 10 years ago he had a waiting time of a couple months

I talked with Robert about three weeks back and he said if I sent him my .54 barrel to be bored to a .62 cal, it would be around April or May before I would get it back. I'm going to send it to him around April, after touching base with him.
Mie

I talked with Robert about three weeks back and he said if I sent him my .54 barrel to be bored to a .62 cal, it would be around April or May before I would get it back. I'm going to send it to him around April, after touching base with him.
Mie
Like time frame (April) for mine for rebore and line when I spoke three weeks back also. Said he wouldn't even open the package until sometime in March if I got it to him before the New Year. It is sitting there patiently waiting. I got the idea that he was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Hopefully he set everything aside for the holidays and comes back this next week refreshed.

Rumor has it on a sister website, that per a message on Mr. Hoyt's voice mail as of 29 Dec, he is not taking on anymore work until after March.

Unverified. Maybe others have insight.
I actually spoke with him several days ago, and it is true. He is so backlogged that he has decided not to take in any new work until march or later! Fortunately he had just finished my barrel and I expect to receive it Jan 3rd !!

Mie
I also talked to him last week, and he said No new work until after March, because he is so backed up. He shortened a barrel of mine, bored it out to .62 smooth, shortened/reinstalled the ramrod rib, re cut the front sight etc. I should have it Jan 3rd this week!

Latest posts

Back