• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moving right along

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rootsy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Been at this thing for a while... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Made the patchbox cover yesterday and cut the dovetails. Cleaned up the carving... Still some work to go here and there. The best teacher is learning to smooth out and attempt to blend in your mistakes... Should be easy to see...

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

Very nice. I'm going through the mental trials of getting up the guts to carve on a rifle stock for the first time. Hope mine turns out as well as yours did. :thumbsup:

Excellent Work :thumbsup: ........How Long have you been Building ?

Rick

Your carving look good to me.I have a hard time with it,but I keep trying.Maybe someday it'll look as good as yours, and yes how do you keep it clean? :hatsoff:

First flintlock and first decoration on a stock actually... Aside from checkering other rifles... Have done a few T/C Hawken and Lyman GPR builds in the past... Quite a bit of custom centerfire rifle work...

wow realy nice getting ready to start my first build I have done 2 kits now gonna branch out
not gonna try to carve yet

Back