• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More Hudson Valley Dutch stuff

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my latest 'bun in the oven'. Almost done. If I get the pics up ok, the pic with the paper tracing and the fowler shows the tracing of one of two originals that I'd gotten 25 yrs. ago at The Senate House Museum (Kingston, NY).

Attachments

• DSC01968.JPG
    DSC01968.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC01969.JPG
    DSC01969.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01971.JPG
    DSC01971.JPG
    876.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01972.JPG
    DSC01972.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01973.JPG
    DSC01973.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC01975.JPG
    DSC01975.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Cherry from a friends farm sawmill down in Forestport, PA. about 25 yrs. ago. Colerain's Griffon bbl. 16 ga., Chambers lock, Issac Haines trigger and plate, fusil de chasse sideplate, b/plate is trs's series 672 BP1 (my design), t/guard is the same trs series TG3. RR pipes are just run of the mill stuff from TOW which I had in the shop. A smart guy would've went for those nice hand formed ones Mike Lea makes ! Oh well. The stock was carved from my pattern which in turn came from that tracing in the pic. Pec did the precarve. The stock got a pre stain of a dark yellow, then LMF Honey Maple over that, then, LMF walnut and cherry mixed into the first two coats of T&T varnish oil. That stuff hates to dry! Also, it's my first crack at doing the bone black process. Which is where I'm at now. And struggling a bit I might add. Cheers,

That is dead sexy!! I love the shape of the buttstock, my project after next is going to have somewhat similar lines.

Beautiful gun, but WOW, that is a lot of drop in the butt. I'm uncertain I'd enjoy shooting it with the drop and width of the butt stock.

Cherry from a friends farm sawmill down in Forestport, PA. about 25 yrs. ago. Colerain's Griffon bbl. 16 ga., Chambers lock, Issac Haines trigger and plate, fusil de chasse sideplate, b/plate is trs's series 672 BP1 (my design), t/guard is the same trs series TG3. RR pipes are just run of the mill stuff from TOW which I had in the shop. A smart guy would've went for those nice hand formed ones Mike Lea makes ! Oh well. The stock was carved from my pattern which in turn came from that tracing in the pic. Pec did the precarve. The stock got a pre stain of a dark yellow, then LMF Honey Maple over that, then, LMF walnut and cherry mixed into the first two coats of T&T varnish oil. That stuff hates to dry! Also, it's my first crack at doing the bone black process. Which is where I'm at now. And struggling a bit I might add. Cheers,
It looks fantastic!

Latest posts

Back