• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML shotgun question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve read nothing here about shot. I have a pedersoli 10 sxs will never run a ball through it. It’s for waterfowl. I have a tc 54 for four legged hunting. We can not use led shot. That limits use a lot. Chokes make loading very difficult when using steel and all the manure needed to protect the barrel. It’s much more expensive but still cheaper then steel unmentionable shot shells but I have switch to bismouth for all my bird hunting. Much simplified loading and more knockdown power.
For shot I’m using the same size of Bismuth shot that I would have used in lead I purchased my Bismuth from Roto Metals. As for a Bismuth Round ball in a choked barrel no problem. The only change I would use in a choked barrel with shot is a smaller fiber wad. In my wife’s jug choked 12 she uses a 13 fiber wad.
Doc,

I only have the one 12 gauge SxS Pedersoli. Besides loading, the effect is very similar to my modern 12 gauge shotgun, if not better. I have never shot a 10 gauge modern or ML, so I can’t say anything about the 10 gauge. My Pedersoli hits clays hard. We’ll see what it does with birds next season or maybe a turkey in a month. I really like the sling attachments on my Pedersoli too. I found a buffalo hide sling for it. Pretty cool and isn’t as heavy to carry as my modern shotgun.
I had an unmentionable double 10ga., and loved it. Took down a few winged pests, and a couple of 4 legged pests.

For a 14 bore wads I make my own from 1/8 card which I load powder ,2no 1/8 cards . shot .and finish with a 1/16 card over shot. I use the same load has a 12 which is 2.3/4 drms of FFFg to 1.1/8 of shot , there is little difference between a 12 and a 14 . originals of coarse I would have posted some images but it would have upset some members .
Feltwad

probably? ok. and if there is no punch in them sizes what then?. make one, or buy them pre made ? that is where it started. No biggie.

I always have a number of punch's in all bore sizes see images for what to look for but not to upset some members ;)
Feltwad

100_2344.JPG

100_2347.JPG

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.
For now measure. Then next step.
If at the end of the day there are no punches then ,as mentioned, TOTW sell em.
thank you for the great reply. I will look them up.

Back