• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Missouri Muzzleloading?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should find the move very beneficial. My son moved there over a decade ago so I have been visiting the state multiple times per year and find it very friendly in many ways.
A few years back, I had flown out and was driving a old truck my son had at the time. He didn't use it much and the battery was going bad. I got it started, left it running for a bit and then took it to the local grocery store for a few things. Came back out and it wouldn't start. Had three people including a young woman and female sheriff ask if they could help in the few minutes it took for my daughter in law to come down to jump start the truck.
You asked if they are gun friendly. My son likes to talk about the day one of his friends said it took longer to order a sandwich from Subway than it did to get his new pistol.
Weather is hot in the summer, but you are used to that. They do get snow occasionally but it usually melts off quickly. Storms are the issue. Tornado alley is for sure. No longer make the drive in one day (1100 miles door to door) after driving through a tornado around 9 pm outside St. Louis in April.
Getting around the state is easy as they have lots of 4 lane highways.

Moving to western Missouri soon. Just curious if there’s any muzzleloading culture, events, or meet ups here. I currently live in Nevada and there’s almost nothing here. Anything out that way? Thanks!

Being in Carson City, I understand your pain ! Without this forum, and a like minded neighbor, I'd probably take up knitting.

I lived in Sedalia for about a year and a half, 1979 - 1980. When I first arrived the slower pace kind of drove me crazy however it wasn't long before I settled into the routine. Looking back I've never felt like I had as much time in my life. I liked Missouri and it's people very much.

I fell in with a group of local black powder shooters thru the Plainsman Gunshop run by "Black Hat Smith", great folks. The range we used was private belonging to three brothers as I recall. We shot once a month but if you were part of the "club", The Upper Ozark Mountain Men, the range could be used anytime. I had a lot of fun there.

I last visited Sedalia in 1996, Black Hat Smith and his gunshop were still in business. I stopped in for a visit and was immediately recognized after 16 years. Sadly the club has disbanded some years before this visit. I'm sure you'll find a good group to shoot with wherever you land. Check out the fishing and small game hunting too.

Good luck.

Moving to western Missouri soon. Just curious if there’s any muzzleloading culture, events, or meet ups here. I currently live in Nevada and there’s almost nothing here. Anything out that way? Thanks!
We have Kickapoo Trace Muzzleloaders here in Dixon, MO. Always welcome at our place. Monthly shoots first Sunday of each month.

Welcome to the great state of Missouri. I live in North East Mo. My home is just about a 1/4 mile from the Middle fork of the Salt River. Alot of black powder clubs in Missouri. Pine Ridge Mountain men in Huntsville is a good club and has several shoots a year.
Salt River Johnny

Latest posts

Back