• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Minty 2nd Generation Colt Navy w/Box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a really MINTY, or as collectirs prefer, LNIB, 2nd Generation Colt 1851 Navy in matching box. No paperwork, sadly. Finish is about perfect with a small nick in right grip panel. The silver plating on triggerguard and backstrap are age tarnished. Foam lined box shows shelf wear, but is sound. $700 + Shipping.
20240309_083008.jpg
20240309_082927.jpg
20240309_082919.jpg
20240309_083216.jpg
20240309_083454.jpg
20240309_083335.jpg
20240309_083354.jpg
20240309_083420.jpg
20240309_083426.jpg
20240309_083548.jpg

Last edited:
Well, no, I'd avoid the terms "mint" or "minty" - they're kind of held in disreprute by collectors screening for collectible items. I'd really recommend sticking with NRA defined condition terms, which have very specific definitions acceptable to collectors.

Based on your description and pics of the gun and original box, I'd recommend a condition grading of "Excellent" with a "LNIB" addemdum as it's appropriate for your gun. Any collector looking for a gun matching your make and model and condition would know and understand exactly what it is he's bidding for. "Minty" tells him nothing except your personal opinion of the gun's condition, which is highly subjective.

Here's my "Factory New" "LNIB" third gen 1860:
View attachment 302360
I will consider changing my descriptions. Nice 1860. I have one of those to list, as well. I did a thing.

Well, no, I'd avoid the terms "mint" or "minty" - they're kind of held in disreprute by collectors screening for collectible items. I'd really recommend sticking with NRA defined condition terms, which have very specific definitions acceptable to collectors.

Based on your description and pics of the gun and original box, I'd recommend a condition grading of "Excellent" with a "LNIB" addemdum as it's appropriate for your gun. Any collector looking for a gun matching your make and model and condition would know and understand exactly what it is he's bidding for. "Minty" tells him nothing except your personal opinion of the gun's condition, which is highly subjective.

Here's my "Factory New" "LNIB" third gen 1860:
View attachment 302360
Are you serious with this?! If you have no intention of buying the revolver, which it appears you do not, leave it alone. It’s not your sale or your ad. If you have a problem take it up in a PM, don’t sneeze on big sky’s sale! I’m sure the guy who sells more guns on this forum than anyone else knows what he is doing and how to list and sell an item! This ain’t his first rodeo.

Are you serious with this?! If you have no intention of buying the revolver, which it appears you do not, leave it alone. It’s not your sale or your ad. If you have a problem take it up in a PM, don’t sneeze on big sky’s sale! I’m sure the guy who sells more guns on this forum than anyone else knows what he is doing and how to list and sell an item! This ain’t his first rodeo.
Maybe I will use Minty Fresh!😅😂🤣

A lot of us here don't know NRA grades so well. I do know they are nict-picky.

This is a really MINTY 2nd Generation Colt 1851 Navy in matching box. No paperwork, sadly. Finish is about perfect with a small nick in right grip panel. The silver plating on triggerguard and backstrap are age tarnished. Foam lined box shows shelf wear, but is sound. $700 + Shipping.
View attachment 302268View attachment 302269View attachment 302270View attachment 302271View attachment 302272View attachment 302273View attachment 302274View attachment 302275View attachment 302276View attachment 302277
looks minty to me. very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back