• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mike Brooks Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ T Frizzen

70 Cal.
Reaction score
There's a beautiful fowler by Mike Brooks on the Contemporary Maker's Blog. Of mid 18th century period design, this is what is meant when the word fowler is used. The photographs say it better than I ever could.

In 12 gauge, with a 44" barrel, it is light, long and graceful. A splendid companion on a crisp fall morning in the uplands, it will also serve for waterfowling and turkey hunting. Feed it a patched ball and it will cleanly take a deer and will be a treat to carry all day. And back when such things were both required and necessary, it would serve its owner well as his militia piece.

Beauty, elegance and utility. That's pretty hard to beat! It's definitely worth checking out and the Blog is a great addition to a muzzleloader's favorites list.

That beautiful fowler is posted on Mikes website too. Also scroll down on the blog site and you'll see Huntin Dawg's cool fish horn made by Scott. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. :bow: One of our board members here is the new owner of that gun. :thumbsup:

A fortunate gentleman indeed--a man of good taste and appreciation for the finer things in life!

Would you be the fortunate owner, Sir Captain? If so, I believe the term "Gentlemen" is quite appropriate. :thumbsup:

Back