• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Merry Chritmass from Bents fort

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
The CO Rocky Mountain outfit helped celabrate the holiday of lights at Bents.
Blizzard conditions and zero temps were survived by moderatly insensable mountain men.
good times were had by all.

DSCF6884.jpg

DSCF6891.jpg

DSCF6866-1.jpg

DSCF6965.jpg

DSCF6908.jpg

DSCF6942.jpg

DSCF6873-1.jpg

DSCF6905.jpg

DSCF6982.jpg

DSCF6925.jpg

DSCF6904.jpg

DSCF6890.jpg

DSCF6921.jpg

DSCF6918.jpg

DSCF6910.jpg

DSCF6885.jpg

DSCF6880.jpg

What is your coat made of Greenmtnboy? How cold was it at the fort? Do you have on pants and mocs? Thanks for posting and the pics.

I have canvas drop front pants covered by braintan leggings and a oilskin jacket over wool and canvas shirts.I am wearing greased(elk tallow,bees wax,neatsfoot oil) Brogans on my feet.

It was a balmy 20 degrees on Sat but when the storm blew through it dropped to -5 below that night and sun morn but I kept my wit about me and dressed(layered) proper.
My oilskin bed roll and two 4 points blankets kept me warm all night.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: merry xmas back attcha.Brrrrrr.Great pics. :applause: Griz

Green: Thanks for sharing those photos. You boys have iron in your gizzards for making a go in that weather.
My daughter and I visited the fort about 10 years ago, but on a warm spring day. Boy there's a great "history vibe" in that space. Do the big spotted oxen still wander the place?

Great pics!! The wife and I visited there last summer. Gonna go back, the had a HUGE buff horn and I want it.

thanks for the info Greenmtnboy, I'm still working on my gear, just fininshed a blanket wool coat with hood. I hope to use it this weekend, the last weekend of our ml season. Still looking for that blacktail buck---------Leebone

Looking at those pictures made me so cold that I turned the electric blanket up another notch. Great pic's. Thank you for sharing.

Vern

I spend time there, usually in better weather. Great place to visit.

Snowshoe rondys are as much fun, especially to find out if your plunder was worth the effort, as in is it warm enough.

Me to! almost went into hibernation just looking at the pics! :thumbsup: Looks like everybody was having fun though. How many inches of snow did ya end up getting?

Green Mountain Boy
Are you guys totally nuts??? LOL........sure looks like fun though!!! You are far tougher than me. Merry Christmas.
Macon

Thanks for posting GMB, Great pics as always :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Bents Old Fort is one of the most complete reconstructions on the National Park Service. Check out their website. It was a privately owned fur trading post, built primarily to trade for buffalo robes from the plains indians. Operated from 1833-1849

Man oh man. You live the life for sure. Love your posts and pics. Thanks for postin an hope all yall an everyone reading this has a fantastic christmas :bow: :bow:

Back