• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

May your days be smoky. From california.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHegemon

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm happy to be part of a group that takes part in these old traditions.

Often feeling out of place in this modern age, I enjoy learning about and participating in historical activities. Though my favorite historical studies are medieval, I thoroughly enjoy something that cannot be found so far in the past:

pulling a trigger, hearing a loud boom, and watching something far away turn to fragments dancing through the air.

When I was a teenager (not long ago), I was invited to a mountain man rendezvous. After three days of incredible fun, my love of the American Exploration Age (round the 1830's) was born.

For a while, I made do with a Thompson Center Arms .50 cal. A great gun, but lacking in the aesthetics of the more traditional models.

Finally, recently, I acquired a Jukar .45 Kentucky for a steal.

Once I'm sure the rifle is more likely to kill the deer than me, I will be heading into the wilderness of Utah to enjoy the vast emptiness and the thundering boom of an oiled rifle.

Questions to come as I learn!

Make ready,
Kevin

Kevin, Welcome to the forum my friend! We're glad to have you aboard.

This forum is the very best by a long shot when it comes to Traditional Muzzleloader's and BP shooting. All the other aspects that go along with it are covered here as well!

You will find like minded folks as yourself right here on this forum. There is no other like this one! The talent here is unbelievable.

The majority of our member's have decades of knowledge and experience under their belts. As you have already found out, they would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. We have already heard from you and I hope the nipple situation you were having with your Jukar Kentucky Rifle will be squared away once you receive a new nipple. If not, get back with us!

This forum is a lively place with new topics being created on a daily basis. Something new to checkout all the time!

No matter what kind of muzzleloader you are shooting, it has been more than likely covered in great detail right here on this forum.

We also have a Search feature which is located at the top of the forums page's. It is a great tool to utilize for research or for looking up something specific.

The learning opportunities here are endless. You have the very best right at your fingertips. I guarantee you will learn something new and different each and every time you visit this forum. I am always learning something new on a daily basis.

Lastly and more important, This forum is a friendly place which is made up of the best folks you would ever want to meet. You will make life long friends who share your same love and passion for everything that Traditional Muzzleloaders and BP shooting has to offer!

We are honored to have you and hope to hear more from you in the very near future.

Welcome aboard my friend!

Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

Welcome to the forum! Plenty of us here have gotten bitten by that bug :hatsoff:

Back