• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED May/June 1979 Issue of MUZZLELOADER Magazine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to get a copy of the May/June 1979 issue of MUZZLELOADER magazine in good condition. If you have one of these you'd be willing to part with, please let me know. I check the forum as well as private messages pretty often.

If you would prefer not to sell a single issue and have a small group of MUZZLELOADER magazines from that time period, in good condition, I would consider buying the batch, as long as it has the May/June 1979 issue included.

Helpful suggestions are appreciated, but I have already scoured E-bay and four or five vintage magazine and book dealers, so I would prefer to just hear from people who might have this issue for sale, or know for sure where to find one. I also checked the publisher's website. They do have a great many back issues for sale, but not that one, and in fact none from that year.

Thanks!

Notchy Bob

Last edited:
Do you know what’s on the front cover? Then I could help look for it while I’m looking around for other stuff.
Derek
I don't, at this time, unfortunately. The vendors who have back issues typically only show the ones they have available, and I haven't found a picture of the cover yet. I really appreciate your help, though!

Notchy Bob

I’ve tried a ton of different combinations of “titles” it’s weird you or I haven’t found it yet.
It’s fun to try to find stuff like this
Derek

I’ve tried a ton of different combinations of “titles” it’s weird you or I haven’t found it yet.
It’s fun to try to find stuff like this
Derek
A kindred spirit!

The cool thing about searching for something like this is the other stuff you turn up along the way. I would like to get ahold of this particular magazine, but the search is its own reward, in a sense.

I've found several other issues from 1979, but not that one. I'm finding some of the others may also have articles of interest. I did check eBay Canada and found quite a few interesting issues of that and other magazines, but not that one. It was a good suggestion.

Thanks for your help! I'll keep looking.

Notchy Bob

I would like to get a copy of the May/June 1979 issue of MUZZLELOADER magazine in good condition. If you have one of these you'd be willing to part with, please let me know. I check the forum as well as private messages pretty often.

If you would prefer not to sell a single issue and have a small group of MUZZLELOADER magazines from that time period, in good condition, I would consider buying the batch, as long as it has the May/June 1979 issue included.

Helpful suggestions are appreciated, but I have already scoured E-bay and four or five vintage magazine and book dealers, so I would prefer to just hear from people who might have this issue for sale, or know for sure where to find one. I also checked the publisher's website. They do have a great many back issues for sale, but not that one, and in fact none from that year.

Thanks!

Notchy Bob
Good luck! It sounds like you did all the right research. Bet your entry here will bring up something!

Have you checked with the publisher?

Yup... Sure did.

I do appreciate the suggestion, though. As a rule, the publisher is a good place to start when looking for back issues of any magazine, provided that publication has not "gone under." I got a 1973 back issue of Western Horseman just a few years ago. That particular issue had an article about the Pawnee scouts, written by a descendant. Not only did the publisher have it in stock, but they sold it to me for the 1973 cover price! Muzzleloader has a good stock of back issues for reasonable prices, dating well back into the seventies. They just didn't have that one.

It may be a moot point, though, as this morning a forum member sent me a high-quality scan of the article I wanted to read. The goodwill and generosity exchanged between members of this forum seem boundless. We are all lucky to be a part of that.

I would still buy the magazine, though, if one turns up...

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Latest posts

Back