• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lymans GPR in action shooting GLASS...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I do like your videos. You are not afraid to show when you miss. You are honest and give a good video. May you post your videos for a long time. God Bless to you.
I'll try to do better on video or change it up somehow, don't want to send new shooters wrong messages. Thanks for watching.....

Last edited:
I'll try to do better on video or change it up somehow, don't want to send new shooters wrong messages. Thanks for watching.....
No need to change anything.
In case you have not noticed, it makes zero difference what you post or what you did, some "expert" here will tell you that it's wrong.
It's normally a bad case of "do it my way or you are damned"
Keep on truckin' Maniac - the rest of us love you!

Mark,
I noticed in a few of your shots you fired with the bottom of the buttplate near the top of your shoulder, was that intentional?

Chris

Black Powder Maniac Shooter,
We love your videos!!
Your u tube posts are uplifting and thay make me smile everytime they are watched, and yes we watch them, over and over!!
Keep it up!
P.S. Your videos brought me to this web site, thus here we are.

Mark,
I noticed in a few of your shots you fired with the bottom of the buttplate near the top of your shoulder, was that intentional?

Chris
Yes... it allows me to see the open sights a little easier. I'll try anything ( within reason ) to hit the targets, especially at long distances...Thanks for watching....

Black Powder Maniac Shooter,
We love your videos!!
Your u tube posts are uplifting and thay make me smile everytime they are watched, and yes we watch them, over and over!!
Keep it up!
P.S. Your videos brought me to this web site, thus here we are.
WOW....those are kind words..... I'll keep posting new ones and older ones here from time to time. This is a very cool website to participate on. Good folks, good friends. Thanks for watching...

The most amazing part of this video is that you are trying to hit a target at 300 YARDS! I can’t even see a target at that distance and that’s why I rarely shoot past 50 yards. My hat (with no fidget spinner attached) is off to you sir!

The most amazing part of this video is that you are trying to hit a target at 300 YARDS! I can’t even see a target at that distance and that’s why I rarely shoot past 50 yards. My hat (with no fidget spinner attached) is off to you sir!
If you're noticed...I seldom shoot past 35 yards on most videos. I'm like you my friend, I can barely see the target that far way, even that big o' piece of glass! Maybe a barn door would be different....LOL .

Thank you for the video - your enthusiasm is contagious!

Who woulda thought a ball could go through the glass without shattering the pane? The bummer in that is thinking you'd missed, so changing the point of aim next shot. Use a spotting scope next time?

Since you didn't push the ball all the way down with your hand on top of the ramrod, I didn't get what the hoopla was all about. The ramrod by the time you had your hand over the top was almost all the way down, so no way the rod could split and pierce your hand. Then I realized the safety concern - if, by some chance, there's an ember in the breech and the charge should go off, the ramrod would ventilate your hand.

I'm new to BP and muzzleloaders, but from what I've read, it's a remote possibility that could happen - and normally when there has been a lot of rapid fires with the barrel quite hot. But even then, it's not common.

If I wanted to be totally safe, I'd stay in bed and not ride motorcycles.

Did you use a range finder or just guess at the yards? Step it off? I'm still getting used to thinking in yards and have to convert to feet in order to get a feel for the distance.

Thanks for posting.

In case you have not noticed, it makes zero difference what you post or what you did, some "expert" here will tell you that it's wrong.
That was predicted.........

Big Foot is easier to see and Spank as you say at those long range videos. But one guy I read suggested using a 490 ball Mark. I see you responded to his comment. Im also curious if the larger ball would improve anything as I use 490 and 495 in mine with different patch combinations. Maybe it wont but would be worth a try. Keep them coming you ALWAYS make me laugh

Thank you for the video - your enthusiasm is contagious!

Who woulda thought a ball could go through the glass without shattering the pane? The bummer in that is thinking you'd missed, so changing the point of aim next shot. Use a spotting scope next time?

Since you didn't push the ball all the way down with your hand on top of the ramrod, I didn't get what the hoopla was all about. The ramrod by the time you had your hand over the top was almost all the way down, so no way the rod could split and pierce your hand. Then I realized the safety concern - if, by some chance, there's an ember in the breech and the charge should go off, the ramrod would ventilate your hand.

I'm new to BP and muzzleloaders, but from what I've read, it's a remote possibility that could happen - and normally when there has been a lot of rapid fires with the barrel quite hot. But even then, it's not common.

If I wanted to be totally safe, I'd stay in bed and not ride motorcycles.

Did you use a range finder or just guess at the yards? Step it off? I'm still getting used to thinking in yards and have to convert to feet in order to get a feel for the distance.

Thanks for posting.
No range finder my friend...I just did an o' fashion "redneck" type of measuring...I counted the long steps...LOL

Still don't know how to delete a post that I started.
It's off topic but, after you first post something on the forum you have 15 minutes to "edit" it. Editing it allows you to change what was said but I don't think it allows you to delete the post. In that case, just change whatever was said to "Please Delete". I will see it and remove it, like I just did with your "a" post above.

When ever you type a post, the forum software makes a tempory copy of what you wrote. It stores this for 24 hours so, even if you don't actually enter the post, if you come back to the thread and less than 24 hours have passed, you will see your old post sitting there for modification or entry into the thread.

At the far right side of the area where you typed the post you should see a little box with a square and circle in it. That is the button that controls the "draft" of your message. If you select it it will give you the option of "saving" the draft or "deleting" it.
If you don't want the forum software to store your un-entered post for 24 hours, just pick the "delete Draft" button and, poof! Your old message will be forgotten.

Now, lets get back to the Lyamns GPR thread. :)

Back