• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Trade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How does this rifle compare to other rifles in the $200 price range. I am wondering about the single trigger, mostly. Is it a good one?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert, I've got a Lyman Trade Rifle, but I don't think it's the one you're refering to. I built mine in 75 down there in Fort Worth. I love my rifle though. It's been a good shooter and with the changes I made it is a tack driver. I'm not familiar with the Trade Rifle they make now, only the Great Plains, which is excellent. If their quality extends from one rifle to the next, then it should be just fine. Take care, Rick. By the way, any word on Storekeeper?

No,I havn't found anyone who knows him. Does your rifle have the single trigger. The reason I am looking at the Trade rifle is because I am to short(5'5") to shoot most of the rifles I have seen. I would like to have a GPR but I can't reach the second trigger to shoot it properly. I was thinking that the Trade Rifle would be a better fit for me.

Robert

Robert, You're going to find most production rifles are going to be long for you as they are normally built for a man of 5'10" to 6', with a draw lenght of 14 to 14.5 inches. You would probably need a draw lenght of 12.5 to 13 inches. I am 5'8" and need a draw of 13 1/4". I shot my Lyman for a long time at 14" and finally just cut the stock to 13 1/4" three months ago. You wouldn't believe the difference in shooting, it tightened right up. I've shot two 50 3X and one 50 2X 25 yd offhand at local matches and 50s and 49s at 50 offhand since cutting it. Find what you like and cut it to fit you or build a custom, that will probably be your only alternatives. Take care, Rick.

Latest posts

Back