• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman rumours

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapow

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Please correct me if I'm wrong and I sincerely hope that I am but I asked for a price on a Lyman deerstalker from a local dealer who told me that Lyman are no longer producing black powder firearms.

True or false?

Kapow said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong and I sincerely hope that I am but I asked for a price on a Lyman deerstalker from a local dealer who told me that Lyman are no longer producing black powder firearms.

True or false?

True!....Lyman has never produced black powder firearms, it simply sells guns with their name on them just like Cabela's does.... ...They are manufactured by Investarms of Italy for Lyman.....
To my knowledge both Investarms and Lyman are still working together....But it can easily be verified by a simple email to either company.

Tomatoes, tomatoes? I thought you guys would have been all over it if it was the case but I'm seeing many suppliers listing them as unavailable. God I hope not!

I'll do some digging around to find out. Be an odd thing for a supplier to say if it's untrue though. Some incredible sale prices on the deerstalker rifles at your end at the moment. Makes me more than a little bit envious!

I'd go straight to Investarms.....and ask...

It's not at all uncommon for a retailer to feed customers BS in favor of selling their own inventory..

I don't think this guy would deliberately do so but yes, it has happened before. As I said, if it was true I'm sure you guys would be all over it like a seagull on a chip.

Kapow said:
if it was true I'm sure you guys would be all over it like a seagull on a chip.
Yeah, I think your right with that.
Your post is the first and only I've seen.
Many of us (and you I'm sure) stay abreast of gun news.
Investarms dropping Ml's wouldn't be small-unheard of news.

Scouller Saddlery 76 Warrego Highway Chinchilla Qld. Ph (07) 46628416.
They had some Lyman guns in stock when I was last in there.
I think one was a Deerstalker.
O.

I recently bought a new .54 cal flint Trade rifle, apparently the last one in stock anywhere in the US, since everyone else, including the Lyman website listed it as backordered.

Same thing with the Front Globe Sight and Lyman Rear Peep Sight, but it seems those are always backordered. I did manage to find the front sight at Amazon & rear on E-Bay & it's just a matter of timing that I was able to get both of them.

Let's all just stand around and speculate for a while...That's way more productive than actually contacting Lyman or Investarms..... :doh:

I contacted Investarms several months ago about frizzen interchangeability between Lyman and a cabelas investarms....took 1 day for a response from a nice fellow named Salvinelli

I would also add that our trade relationship with Italy has declined in recent months.....It could be 4-8 years before things improve and those backorders are filled.

Thank God for you batman! I did actually send them a message and got no response. What do you think forums are for? Clue: information sharing.

It was more than just a rumour. It was a written statement from a Lyman dealer. Maybe you could contact that same "nice fellow" and ask him directly - then get back to us? You know.... Since it's a forum and you don't seem to mind typing?

:rotf: :thumbsup:

As I recall, the Dollar is up to almost even with the Euro, compared to a couple years ago. So it is in theory cheaper for Lyman to purchase the rifles, unless the italians feeling the economic pinch are negotiating for more. Strange how the international money exchange can affect our weapon choice for shooting a deer on the back forty. I think Cabelas plays the game when ordering the revolvers from the Italians. Big order when they figure the exchange rate is most favorable and we get a remarkable cap and ball revolver that an American company can't compete with for under $800,

Back