• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman middlefield conn. rifle questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zukeeper1

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was given a .54 cal Lymans trade type rifle this weekend.
The barrel of course says Lyman , and has Middlefield Conn. stamped in the 15/16 barrel. on the next flat someone has taken a grinder...yes a grinder...and ground off ( extremely poorly) whatever was stamped there. Why would a person do that ? what was there that they wanted removed so bad they ground it off pretty much ruining the barrel ( at least its looks )?
also , after you set the rear trigger,the front trigger has a definite click ( like another set ) and then then if you keep pulling, the hammer is released . Is this normal for a lyman trigger set ?

There's lawyer talk and warnings there. Sounds like the previous owner had issues and was cutting off his nose to spite his face. Lots of options for doing a better job and refinishing nicely, but he obviously was short on pride.

You can get great advice for fixing it down in the Gun Building threads.

Could be the Investarm logo (Big I enclosed in a box) along with "black powder only made in Italy.

Investarm makes the traditional BP guns for Lyman

Latest posts

Back