• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Lyman Great Plains Signature Series by Pedersoli ...........Caplock .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 36911

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Here we go again. I keep pulling my ads for this gun because I love it and don't want to sell it. Unfortunately, it's too heavy for this old man with a crappy back. I won't pull it this time.

So, I bought it new from Muzzle-Loaders. It only has a few shots on it. It's a nice gun with excellent workmanship. A bit heavy but that makes recoil really soft. It's still unregistered. I'll include a spare hickory ramrod I had made for it.

No camera, so no pictures but it's a brand new gun. This is the gun I bought and is for sale.

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/lyma...ignaure-series-50-cal-percussion-6034000.html
$750 and i'll split shipping with the buyer. That's as much money as i'm going to lose, so please don't offer less.

Fer what its worth...I have the flintlock version of this, and it is a great gun! Great lock, assuming the percussion has to be at least as good as the flinter, yep heavy, but it is like a pillow on the shoulder when it goes off. Great price if you compare to new (hey, no tax on it, huh? )

Tell you what, I'll give you $700 shipped to 43230. I'll pm you my details, address, phone, etc. You send me the gun and if it's as you describe I'll send you a USPS money order or PayPal the money to you.

Tell you what, I'll give you $700 shipped to 43230. I'll pm you my details, address, phone, etc. You send me the gun and if it's as you describe I'll send you a USPS money order or PayPal the money to you.

Have I done something to you to deserve your post?

No!

He cut my already low price by almost $100. Shipping won't be cheap and I already compromised by paying half.

Also, nobody sends a gun to a buyer without being paid first.

I just paid $930 plus shipping and tax. Plus, $35 for a spare ramrod. How much should I lose to take a few shots? How much would you lose?

Read the last sentence in my first post. I wanted to avoid this sort of thing. No matter how low we set a price. Someone will low ball us.

He cut my already low price by almost $100. Shipping won't be cheap and I already compromised by paying half.

Also, nobody sends a gun to a buyer without being paid first.

I just paid $930 plus shipping and tax. Plus, $35 for a spare ramrod. How much should I lose to take a few shots? How much would you lose?

Read the last sentence in my first post. I wanted to avoid this sort of thing. No matter how low we set a price. Someone will low ball us.
But you want someone to pay you for something you can't or won't send a picture of? I'm honest - been on here a while - if it is as you say it is you get paid, if it isn't you get it back.

If someone wanted to cheat someone. Showing a picture doesn't mean they're showing you a picture of their gun or if they have the gun at all.

Are you doubting I have the gun?

I'm honest too.

I'll call your bluff Columbus.

I live in an apartment building. Someone must have a digital camera. I'll knock on every door looking for one and show you a picture of the gun with a note you can read with your name on it in the picture.

In return you pay me $725 plus all the shipping and i'll send you the gun.

If someone wanted to cheat someone. Showing a picture doesn't mean they're showing you a picture of their gun or if they have the gun at all.

Are you doubting I have the gun?

I'm honest too.
Not saying that at all. You want to sell a used gun (repeat used) and want the buyer to take your word for its condition. I made an offer based on that. At $700 you're getting back approx 70% of your original cost, not bad for a used gun. And as I said, you send the gun and if it's as you say it is, I'll send you $700. That's my offer. You want me (or any other buyer) to trust you, you will have to trust me.

Not saying that at all. You want to sell a used gun (repeat used) and want the buyer to take your word for its condition. I made an offer based on that. At $700 you're getting back approx 70% of your original cost, not bad for a used gun. And as I said, you send the gun and if it's as you say it is, I'll send you $700. That's my offer. You want me (or any other buyer) to trust you, you will have to trust me.
For what it's worth: I'm not in the market for one of these. But if I were, I'd take the man's word for the condition of the gun. This is muzzleloadingforum.com - not some anonymous auction site where a guy unloads a piece of manure, and disappears into the sunset never to be seen again. I seriously doubt he's going to screw another member over, when he knows what sort of backlash he'd get.

And I'd most certainly take his word for the gun's condition, before I'd take your word that you'll pay him for the gun if you like it - especially since you don't even offer to send it back if you don't. 🥴

Last edited:

I bought the gun a little over a month ago. Most of the time it's just been sitting on my bench. Up until I put this ad in this forum I was keeping the gun. I only shot it a few times to check the gun operation and see how different loads felt in recoil. I was also getting ready to send the barrel to Bobby Hoyt to bore out to a .58 so I could hunt elk with it. I don't beat up my guns. I baby them. You could buy a gun that I owned for years and shot hundreds of shots and hunted with and it would still look new. Not as new as this gun but still more new looking than old. This gun could lay next to a brand new one and you could pick out which one is mine.

No matter though. I'll keep it before i'd sell it to you. I'm an honest person and trust people I buy from. If I wasn't honest I might not trust people. Think about it.

For what it's worth: I'm not in the market for one of these. But if I were, I'd take the man's word for the condition of the gun. This is muzzleloadingforum.com - not some anonymous auction site where a guy unloads a piece of manure, and disappears into the sunset never to be seen again. I seriously doubt he's going to screw another member over, when he knows what sort of backlash he'd get.

And I'd most certainly take his word for the gun's condition, before I'd take your word that you'll pay him for the gun if you like it - especially since you don't even offer to send it back if you don't. 🥴
Actually I did tell him he'd get it back. You're not in the market - why comment? I made an offer, If the seller had simply posted pictures this conversation wouldn't take place. He can post an avatar, obviously has a computer or a phone and internet access but wants a buyer to buy sight unseen. Nope, not without concession - you think he'd send my money back if I'm not happy with it?

Yeah, I just wanted to sell the gun.
I'll butt out now, and stop helping to drag down the thread.

Even though I wasn't looking for one, I sat down and did some figuring before deciding I couldn't handle it this month. The wife would probably ask me how to load it, and then use it on me. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back