• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lowell Haarer rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.J.Bruce

40 Cal
Reaction score
Anyone here have/used to have one of Mr. Haarer's flintlock longrifles? If so, what are the details of the rifle that you own/owned? What is your opinion on his work?

By any chance did you elect to order the gun with one of his tang-mounted, ghost ring rear sights? If so, what's your opinion on how this sight works?

Thanks for any, and all responses.

I have two of his. The rifle came with a ghost site. My buddy ordered it as part of a rifle/pistol set. #85 and # 86. I now own both. They can be seen in the gallery on his site. The rifle is sort of a short Lancaster in .54 cal. Most of his that I've handled have been beefy (read: early style) and solid. (See pic below. Bottom rifle and pistol.) Great hunting guns.... He uses good parts and his architecture passes muster. Good stuff. He pours a mean pewter nosecap.

The sight works fine. Easy to adjust for traverse and elevation. It gets passed around on my rifles. I mainly like to use it when I'm shooting paper for score as I can see my sights fine day to day. I'll put the peep and sight shades on when I'm dead serious on the bench.

IMG_1031.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back