• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Low Sights for Kentucky Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 33882

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone selling a nice low profile rear sight for a 3/8 dovetail that will fit a Pedersoli Kentucky? The standard sights are so tall and thick. Lots of places sell 3/8 front sights, it’s a rear sight I’m struggling with.

No need to buy that premade stuff. Just carve your large sights into the sights you want. Dixie G.W. and Track of the wolf sell lots of sights but nothing is drop in. You need to file and fit anyway. Cheep Wally-World files work fine for shaping with some Diamond fine small files for finishing...c

TOW has a set that is perfect for a Pedersoli Kentucky I have one on mine and it's much better than the sight it came with.
Stock #RS-AT-14 copst 8.99.

Attachments

• rs-at-14_1.jpg
    rs-at-14_1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 69
TOW has a set that is perfect for a Pedersoli Kentucky I have one on mine and it's much better than the sight it came with.
Stock #RS-AT-14 copst 8.99.
So that one is a 1/2 inch, so I'll just need to file a bit to get it to fit. Thanks. Somehow I over looked that one.

So that one is a 1/2 inch, so I'll just need to file a bit to get it to fit. Thanks. Somehow I over looked that one.
It does require some filing but it's pretty easy to do, I took the metal off the front of the sight only. Here's the sight installed on my pistol.

Attachments

• IMGP0727.JPG
    IMGP0727.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMGP0728.JPG
    IMGP0728.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 65
I ordered the one shared and a new front sight over my break earlier. I don't want to file down the behemoths that are on there now. I'll set them aside in case I don't like the new sights for some reason as I can shoot pretty well (for me at least) with the current sights.

I ordered the one shared and a new front sight over my break earlier. I don't want to file down the behemoths that are on there now. I'll set them aside in case I don't like the new sights for some reason as I can shoot pretty well (for me at least) with the current sights.
Most of the sights provided by the Italian companies are rather poor, I just finished a Lyman GPR and replaced both front and rear sight on it. Same thing on the Pedersoli Kentucky, I ordered two sets first one for the .45 that I have now and another for a .54 in the near future.

The factory made guns in general have some oddities, but they are great for getting started, especially if you can get one use at a decent price. We paid next to nothing for my pistol since it was put together from a kit it looked like and someone had lost the forend cap screw, and it has been a lot of fun and plenty accurate for my purposes. It had some gas leak at the bolster, but that was easily fixed with some red Loc-Tite on the threads and properly tightening it down. If that fails, I may have to just replace the bolster, or I've been considering getting a vent liner and Pedersoli flintlock to allow it to convert both ways or maybe just use it as a flintlock exclusively. Have you found your flintlock to provide reliable ignition? I know some other imports have had issues with lock geometry, poorly centered vents, etc.

Nothing wrong with working it down yourself. Satisfying also.

Latest posts

Back