• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Low Cost Tree Stands for Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gleason.Chapman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I took a bunch of pictures of my "system" for cheap tree stands, about $10 each. They are safe and easy, not heavy. The down side--they have to go in a Y-tree. See here:
[url] http://www.the-gleasons.com/low_cost_tree_stands_for_hunting.htm[/url]

I hope this is helpful to the forum.
Chap Gleason

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy Chap, I like your Y-boards. I may have to try one on our property. I hunt down in Orange.

I see you're further north where all the deer are!! Thanks for the good information.

-Shooey

A friend of mine coaxed me into one of his home-made "cheap" stands. I like yours better. :haha:

His design called for a rope to hold a piece of plywood to the tree (he used 1/2", and they bowed alarmingly). The front had a "V" made of conduit that hinged back and was stuck into the tree at a 45º angle. You had to curl your toes out over the edge, because if you stepped towards the back the rope moved and the point of the "V" could pull out of the tree.

After riding a couple of his a few feet down the tree before they grabbed again, usually when I was half asleep, I swore off tree stands entirely. :shocked2: Besides, it was too hard to shoot while facing the tree and hugging it with both arms.

Now I keep both feet on the ground and carry one of these so I can set-up an ambush anywhere there is a tree, or sit under a hamlock for shelter in rain or snow.

treeseat.jpg

Thanks. Try it, it is not hard and I leave them up year around, so once they are up you are good to go. So your friend's hooks on the tree or is it in a Y-tree? If it is not in a Y-tree, it is pretty unsafe to me. These stands are rock solid, I am 240 lbs on a light day and I have never had a stand sag or break. Steps yes, that is why I put the plywood on the steps, so the step won't crack and you be 15 feet in the air when it breaks. I was the 3 step up when one split and I landed on the ground feet first. Chap Gleason

Back