• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lott Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok gents! I need to pick your brain and find what ya know about the Flintlocks which are stamped
"LOTT", I just bought a Blunderbuss with a Lott lock....I cant remember anything about them...
I'm 53 and suffer from crs...
the lock internals are stamped 63 ( I was only 8 yrs old in 63)
Does anyone know anything???

I think 63 is an assembly or lot number. I don't recall these locks being around in 1963. If I recall rightly, they are Italian locks and Curly used them with success on his North Star West trade guns. The only one I had hands on experience with was on one of these guns and it was fast and reliable. I didn't see the innards, but the outside was well polished and fitted. I don't know that the lock is still in production or that spares are available. That might be a concern.

I have a Custom Trade gun by Curly It has a LOTT lock on it, I purchased the gun used in 1994. I just posted a picture in the Hunt section (grouse Hunt) It is the most reliable Flintlock I own, It will shoot 50 shots or more on a single flint.

They varied in quality. The one I have is sloppy and has weak springs. Back in the late 1970's and early 1980's there was nothing else suitable for trade guns so folks used them and tinkered them into being good shooters.

I have a Lott lock on a trade gun. If I keep the flint very sharp it will fire pretty good. But it dulls the flint rather fast. After a few shots I will get a hang fire. Knap the flint and it shoots o k again. but it goes through flints pretty fast.
Old Charlie

Back