• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Losing stuff, does this happen to you?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It always amazes me how I can drop something small and can not find it. Where did that screw go, gone. But then I watch those true crime shows and they find one small hair in the back of a car trunk and send the poor guy to prison for life. Go figure.

I was building a Kibler kit, cleaning up the ramrod pipes and had a bottle of Chambers oil finish on my workbench.

I had my A/C guy come work on my central unit one evening. Of course I showed him and his assistant my shop and Kibler project.

After they left I started back fitting the ramrod pipes and found I was one short, my bottle of Chambers finish was gone as well.

I remember my A/C guy mentioned his fluke was missing, his assistant said he put it in the truck but it was nowhere to be found.

Thinking I had misplaced the stuff I tore the shop apart looking, no stuff.

My A/C guy is the best of the best and hires cons out on parole to try to give them a second chance in life, his assistant was a new hire and just out of the slammer.

We had a sure enough klepto at work, I have watched him in action, if he entered a room he was going to steal something no matter how trivial. You would never see him do it unless you followed him closely.

I suspect the A/C assistant was one such kind of guy, he had to take something.

I went into my shop the other day and a valuable draw knife had been stolen off the rack behind my workbench. The thief had moved a lesser but similar drawknife from another spot in my shop to the cherished ones pegs so I wouldn't know it was missing. I didn't notice for months until I brought another one home and started counting what I had in my collection. The missing one was a gift from a fellow bowmaker when he knew his life was over.

The only guy in my shop without me looking over his shoulder was the termite guy making an inspection. I did give him a tour and showed him my projects before I left him alone.

Eric Krewson said:
The only guy in my shop without me looking over his shoulder was the termite guy making an inspection. I did give him a tour and showed him my projects before I left him alone.

That's a sad story on how giving your trust to someone, and it's then exploited.

Moral of story......trust almost no one. Provide little details on your possessions, location, or reasons.

My A/C guy is the best of the best and hires cons out on parole to try to give them a second chance in life, his assistant was a new hire and just out of the slammer.

Good on him. It can be hard doing the right things at times. When we moved into our current house, at the request of a friend, we hired a group of recovering alcoholics she counseled at a home. They worked diligently and hard. But, later my wife said her box of good jewelry was missing. :( Friend and the workers denied taking it. Fifteen years later I'm digging through a bunch of 'stuff' in the garage and discovered under a bunch of more stuff in a box was the jewelry case neatly wrapped in newspaper. My thoughts of blaming a drunk for being dishonest turned to guilt. :redface:

any one ever lay their wallet down and when you pick it up later you find out that your wallet lost your money

I still lack browning parts on new smoothbore when a new friend of mine says he urinates on em and they rust -works great. So I take butt plate ramrod thimbles and lock plate to my'spot' rest em on a palate. well 2 days later I am not satisfied with the project and 2 thimbles and the side plate wandered off . Wich leaves me diggin in the grass like a dog.Guess I will getmore and some lmf browning solution :cursing:

lost my TV remote for a week one time. When my daughter came home from college, she found it behind the milk in the fridge.

Jotto626 said:
lost my TV remote for a week one time. When my daughter came home from college, she found it behind the milk in the fridge.

Oh. That had to be tough. OTOH, look at the weight loss you had from getting up 'n down to change the channel every 12.4 minutes. :rotf:

I lose tools all the time. Only recently did I even start suspecting someone else. See I tend to be the one who will use it, and set it down where I used it then walk away.. BUT lately I actually do most of my working with tools on my table. Then my wife comes by and cleans the table up for me....

Wife on the other hand rarely loses stuff. She did once answer her own cell phone call. She was calling me, my phone was behind her. It rang so she picked it up and said "Hello?"

I know, a little off the topic but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Haven't lost mine since I was a kid, but I found one in the isle in a big box home labyrinth this year. 7:00 a.m., loaded with credit cards, atm card and over $400 cash. Turned it in to the girl at the register. She knew who it was and called him, but I ducked out before he got there. Not the first time, not the last time. I hope someone will return mine when I have a senior moment.
Oh, my money gets misplaced all the time. But new rifles appear on my wall so I call it a wash. :hmm:

When I take my wallet out for whatever reason, I keep it in my hand otherwise I would get side tracked and forget what was taken out, be it ID or credit card or whatever.

Kansas Jake said:
Years ago I helped a friend get his dad's stuff ready for an auction. The dad had lots of stuff and piles in corners. He had been a part time mechanic along with custom harvesting. Anyway, it looked like if he dropped a pliers, screwdriver or socket he just went and got another. There were so many of them. :)

My dad was a real tinkerer-I think it was so he could be away from mom for awhile. When he died and was cremated, we had a memorial service at church. His ashes were in his tool box, set on display at the front of the sanctuary. It just seemed to be the natural thing to do.

Ever notice that when you start looking for something that it turns up in the last place you look :confused: :confused:
You can save a lot of time by looking there first. :surrender:

That's very true!!

Today I went to inlet the barrel tenon's. From the start I was going to inlet 3 tenons. So, I look in my storage box of stuff, and discover only two. Hmmmm...... :hmm: .....I "know" I ordered 3....so I spent the next 10-15 minutes looking for the third one. I must have left it outta the storage box!!

Then I look at my order sheet on-line........to discover I ordered two. :doh:

Back