• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lorenzoni Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought it is completely ahead of it time!
:bow: The man who developed this gun was a pure genius!!

That is some neat engineering, but if you need 7 rounds in your flinter, just buy a modern pistol!

It is designed in a rifle as well. I will try and post some more pictures and videos of it as well.
:grin:

Claude said:
War Hawk said:
That is some neat engineering, but if you need 7 rounds in your flinter, just buy a modern pistol!
When it was designed - it was a modern pistol. :wink:

Ya, one of those load on sunday and shoot all week long types!! :rotf:

It is one of those examples of, if you have enough money and time, someone will make it for you.

The fact that it did not catch on usually indicates it was far to expensive or too difficult to operate once the fouling started to build up.

Never the less it is a neat gun.

Grandpa Ron said:
It is one of those examples of, if you have enough money and time, someone will make it for you.

The fact that it did not catch on usually indicates it was far to expensive or too difficult to operate once the fouling started to build up.

Never the less it is a neat gun.

my thoughts exactly, i would picture something like this being an expensive oddity.

very cool though!

-Matt

I would be afraid that a spark might find the on board powder flask. That would be worse than a chain fire.

Hi,
Lorenzoni mechanisms were made for a long time, from the late 1600's to 1800. They never became broadly popular because they were very expensive and inherently dangerous. They suffered from risk of an explosion when a shot ignited the powder chamber. They worked well when new but wear on the mechanism eventually caused problems with the gas seal. There are quite a number of Lorenzonie-type guns in collections that have their powder chambers blown out.

dave

That may not have sounded well...
Even if we made it better time/use is against us. One day it will have had enough... We can certainly makes things better than before, but it may cost those young one's their hand one day.

Theorectly you could make one with high tech fire proof gaskets that would be changed out regularly, but then you dont have a period correct weapon. It would be pointless.

Back