• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a precarved stock for swamped rice barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevythunderman

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone sell a precarved cherry stock for a .32 caliber 42" rice b weight swamped barrel? No particular style just seeing what's available....

Pecatonica River has the tooling for inlaying a Rice B weight barrel.

They only have some of their stocks that they offer with a swamped barrel channel so you should call them.

Ask for Dick Greensides. He owns the place and not only knows everything about what they offer, he's a hell of a nice guy.

(As a sidenote, their grade 3 curly maple is what other places call their grade 4 without the high prices).

Phone 1-815-968-1995
http://www.longrifles-pr.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
What Zonie said!! Mr. Greensides is indeed a very fine fellow, and their prices are way more than fair.

good luck with your build, and make good smoke!

Call Tip Curtis Frontier Shop. Tip has more patterns than anyone in the business. He probably has 2 dozen dif styles that will work with that barrel. Need to call NOW as he will be leaving for Friendship & gone 2-3 weeks. 615-654-4445

Keith Lisle

If neither of the suggestions pan out for you or you are looking for something besides the more typical patterns,

I would suggest you check out Knob Mountain Muzzleloading (Dave Keck).

He can provide dozens of Fred Miller's stock patterns and also does barrel inletting.

His service is a little more "a la carte" where you would select the wood, then the pattern, then add in the barrel inletting service - so NOT a "one price off the shelf" piece like many of the other suppliers (which may stretch the timeline somewhat).

But definitely an option.

Those are all good suggestions. I've had great luck with all three.

My only addition is you might want to order it without the lock inlet being cut. Having the lock mortise cut can sometimes make the build a little more difficult. Do it yourself, as this leaves more flexibility in your hands as to the location of the parts.

I'm thinking about a poor boy style rifle. Nothing fancy just want a good squirrel rifle. I'm working on a lancaster style .54 all fancied up. It'll be my first from scratch build and want a simple "no stress" (yea right) build to go to when I need to walk away from it.

Back