• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long time flinter who also enjoys percussions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Pinckney, MI! I was just out shooting a CVA St Louis Hawken .50 cal caplock this afternoon. Also have a GPR rock lock in .54 cal I built from the kit. Got lots of help from very friendly people here on these forums. I'm sure your extensive experience will be a very welcome blessing here too!

Hi sethawa. Ive never made a matchlock but it sure is tempting. Ihave an ordinance manual describing the making of match cord that most any of us could do. Another avenue to explore some time for sure.
I've just put money down on buying one. I also make my own twisted cord and I'd love to see if I could make my own match with homemade grass twine.

I am overwhelmed.

Just because i enjoy making my guns You will not find me looking down on anyone’s store bought gun. The first I ever bought was a “Springfield Hawken” which it was neither but after some stock reshaping, the 50 cal no longer busted my cheek bone.

I look forward to our exchange of knowledge. If I can be of any assistance I will post. If i am in need I hope to learn from you.

Thanks.......Lynn

Thanks to all. It made my week to join here.

Banjoman......I can only play the radio but i try to learn from all. Everyone has a talent to share with the rest of the world. If I cant do it, at least I can enjoy or learn from someone else that can.

Let get started at the Muzzle Loading Forum 😉

Back