• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long time flinter who also enjoys percussions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents. I’m thinking about an underhammer. Never made one before and I bet there is some experience to be found here.

I’ve been making my own muzzle loaders for over 30 years both flint and percussion. As a long time member at ALR I thought i would join here as it seems a bit more cap gun friendly with a wider variety of interests.

Thanks for letting me in......Lynn
I'm looking to get into flint and matchlock myself.

Hi sethawa. Ive never made a matchlock but it sure is tempting. Ihave an ordinance manual describing the making of match cord that most any of us could do. Another avenue to explore some time for sure.

Hi CVA. I have always wanted to learn the art of the Tap a Cap or modern equivalent home made percussion cap. I just saw a post here on the forum to adapt the modern small pistol primer using plastic tubing to fire our percussion guns. Remarkable!!!

Ive been here only a short time and already the old dog has picked up a new trick 😉

Back