• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Long time builder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to add to the pictures. I have 4 rifles built by John and enjoy everyone of them I only have pictures of three of them right now but I will get some pictures of the
fourth

IMG_0147.JPGIMG_1342.JPGIMG_1171.JPG

Top Photo is a Hawken Squirrel rifle 40 ca
Bottom is 54 Caliber Hawken
Top Right is 54 caliber full stock Hawken

And both still looking good. I hope you have a lot of fun shooting them.
I did enjoy shooting them until I dislocated my left shoulder. The nerve damage has caused me to retrain my left arm to do what I need it to do. The percussion rifle is one that Freddie Harrison colobrated with you in the build. It is a very accurate shooter. The flint rifle is the only stock I own that is Ash. It is very nice. Thanks for helping so many shooters get into B/P shooting.

I did enjoy shooting them until I dislocated my left shoulder. The nerve damage has caused me to retrain my left arm to do what I need it to do. The percussion rifle is one that Freddie Harrison colobrated with you in the build. It is a very accurate shooter. The flint rifle is the only stock I own that is Ash. It is very nice. Thanks for helping so many shooters get into B/P shooting.
Very sorry to hear about the shoulder. Can you still shoot off a bench rest? I haven't shot off-hand in years! Just can't hold them up like I used to!

Very sorry to hear about the shoulder. Can you still shoot off a bench rest? I haven't shot off-hand in years! Just can't hold them up like I used to!
Yes ,I can shoot from a bench or a shelf in a ground blind. I can still sit and squirrel hunt in an oak thicket in Northern Arizona. I have wanted to have one of your trapdoor Hawken rifles. I'm 81 and still saving my change to some day get one. Hope you are doing okay with the virus.

Hi John,
This is William Hagewood, one of your fans in Nashville. You built a Hawken full stock and a SMR for me in 2020 and ‘21. Once I fully recover from this shoulder replacement and rehab, I hope to resume shooting in the spring. Glad you are now on the forum. Your wisdom will benefit everyone!

I built my first M/L circa 1960 , a small plastic Rev. war Cannon kit to which I substituted a steel water-pipe barrel! Lots of fun loading firecrackers in it. Guess that's when the M/L bug bit!
Hi John,
This is William Hagewood, one of your fans in Nashville. You built a Hawken full stock and a SMR for me in 2020 and ‘21. Once I fully recover from this shoulder replacement and rehab, I hope to resume shooting in the spring. Glad you are now on the forum. Your wisdom will benefit everyone!

Yes ,I can shoot from a bench or a shelf in a ground blind. I can still sit and squirrel hunt in an oak thicket in Northern Arizona. I have wanted to have one of your trapdoor Hawken rifles. I'm 81 and still saving my change to some day get one. Hope you are doing okay with the virus.
I had a very mild case in Mar. of '20. and I don't intend getting a worse case by getting the shots! It's great that you can still get out and enjoy our Sport! I just wish more of the younger generations understood what it's about. A Trapdoor Hawken, eh! I have a 45/70 and a 50/90 sharps hanging on my wall; they are fun guns to shoot - but what BP guns aren't? I'd be proud to build one for you.

You know, I've lived near Granville since 2001 and I have never been to that. In fact I have never been to any events held in Granville. Just not my cup of tea.
To be honest, I haven't been to any of the "events" they put on there as well.
My wife's mom was visiting so we took her to the "live" music show. It was a pleasant surprise for me - enough to want to go again.
But, as always, it helps if you enjoy that style of music.

Back