• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Log Cabin in Lodi, Oh

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Recently purchased a few items from them as I like to support local companies. Took them a day to process the order and ship out, which is ok because I'm not going to any events.

One item was a handmade spatula that I'm very happy with. Should last years as long as I do my part. Also bought a sharpening stone with two different grits on it. Very happy with it and put a heck of an edge on 2 knives last night.

One item I'm not too happy with was their ramrod puller shaped like legs for $5. I bet it breaks the 1st time I use it. Good idea, poor material used. Oh well.

All in all, would gladly do business with them again.

I've driven out from Maine twice, they have the best supplied shop I've ever been too. They also have a great museum. Real nice folks, quality goods. Hope to get out there again someday.
Nit Wit

Sad to say I've lived 2 hours away my whole life and never been there. A few friends have and enjoyed the experience though.

I am fortunate that The Log Cabin Shop is within a reasonable drive for me. The staff is very knowledgeable and kind, and they have everything under the sun that you could possibly want. They always have a ton of new items every time I go there, everything from antiques to modern items, production traditional MLs to custom made professional builds. Gun building parts ,tools, wood blanks, and pre-carved, shooting supplies, accoutrements, leather crafting, knife and hawk building, hornsmithing, camp gear, traditional clothes or the stuff to make them, everything. More books than amazon, they host regular classes taught by master instructors. They have a nice BP range in the back that is only $12 all day or $6 for half the day. You name it, they have it and do it.

I can't even count how many times I went in there for a few simple items and walked out with four or five bags worth of stuff to start a new hobby that I didn't even realize I would be interested in that same morning.

Silky921 said:
Sad to say I've lived 2 hours away my whole life and never been there. A few friends have and enjoyed the experience though.

:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

You have to make the drive. That place is freaking awesome. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yea I know. But I'm moving to Fort Wayne for work so that won't help my chances very much.

Good to hear that it's worth it. Maybe we'll have a rendezvous out that way eventually.

First time I stopped in there was on my way to the National Matches in 1975, though I had dealt with them at Friendship before them. Great folks to deal with and very glad they are still in business.

Gus

Never been there but always had good service from then. Something like your ball puller may have been something you wouldn't have picked up off a trade blanket.
$5 might be an example of you get what you pay for :shake:

It's a ramrod puller, but point still taken. I'm not losing any sleep over it. Still think the concept is really cool. Of course, I haven't used it on a stuck rod and it might be strong enough to work. My hunch is it won't though.

I will however make a trade with a friend here who works metal and loves some Silky wine around a campfire. I'd bet he can make a better version of it for me.

Ya bud, sorry about that puller... Hopefully we can R&D a new one. Anywho, my experience with them has been wonderful, I actually had then do a pre-carve out of grade 2 maple for my little .36 build on the cheap. Very happy with the piece and service they offered. Recently bought a turtle blade sight from them for the pervious build I completed that you seen. Seems like us Ohio dwellers are blessed with good local shops!

I just envy you folks who live up in the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee area where there are so many muzzleloading dealers and clubs. I used to live in Southern Indiana and it was wonderful. Circumstances required that we move back to Texas. I have yet to find a good muzzleloading shop in Texas. Bass Pro and Cabela's is as good as it gets. Have found one muzzleloading club but it is an hour and a half drive away. Around here, finding anything having to do with muzzleloading is like hunting gold nuggets.

I've been there half a dozen times or so. Always had a good experience with them. Museum is nice and they are very knowledgable folks. I KNOW one can spend a lot of time there and not see half of what they offer for sale....tons of stuff!

I'm sorry my friend! I personally do love it here. Rich in history and many good folks who thoroughly care and enjoy the history of the sport and rendezvous. It certainly gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!

My first trip to the Log Cabin was in the late fifties when I went with my broth-in-law who did some machining for them. I started going there myself in the early sixties and have stopped in every couple of years since. The only problem I have with the Log Cabin is every time I leave, I am broke , having spent all of my money on items they have good prices on. (Once I even went back the next day since I did not have enough money the first time). :idunno: :idunno:

ohio ramrod said:
My first trip to the Log Cabin was in the late fifties when I went with my broth-in-law who did some machining for them. I started going there myself in the early sixties and have stopped in every couple of years since. The only problem I have with the Log Cabin is every time I leave, I am broke , having spent all of my money on items they have good prices on. (Once I even went back the next day since I did not have enough money the first time). :idunno: :idunno:

LOL, I have the same problem with Dixon's. I haven't visited Log Cabin Shop yet but I bet my wallet would be just as empty after leaving there...Mick

Had another good experience with this vendor this week. Ordered over the weekend, was shipped out Monday and I was given tracking number. Landed today in a very well packaged manner.

They taped the ramrod to a piece of 1"×2", which I thought was a great idea.

Two thumbs up. (Again)

I order from Log Cabin once in the last 15 or so years. It was a bunch of Jags, Ball Pullers, and small parts. The order arrived in a timely fashion, and 60% of the order was not in the box. I pickup the phone, and ask when I could expect my back order. I was told they do not do "backorder", and I could simply reorder & pay another shipping fee.

I was stung one, and use to buy my stuff from a Trader who use came to the Western. Last time he was out I bought extra of everything, and am stocked up.

Honestly this not filling backorder is BS, so I will never ever buy from Log Cabin again.

TOTW (Track of ther Wolf) has a reputation for not filling complete order, but at least they ship when the items come in the last time I order from them.

Back