• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loading Direct From Horn or Flask

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. There are no first hand accounts that taking a submarine below its crush depth is dangerous; but we can rely on second and third hand reports.

Perhaps no one wrote of the disadvantages of loading directly from the horn or flask because they had been right-handed before gathering first hand (or at least remaining hand) evidence. :rotf:

Are you guys being intentionaly thick, and/or did some not read the whole thread.

First hand doesn't mean you did it your self, it just means you actually witnessed the event or have direct exposure to the event, its factual data or outcomes. Your knowledge is not the result of someone else telling you.

To use the examples cited - The rescue and recovery crew that recovered the submarine that went below its crush depth have first hand knowledge. Was the crush the result of going too deep, or did it go too deep because of mechanical failure and then crushed. With no likely living witnesses, that might be hard to ascertain.

The team that investigates air crashes and reviews the black boxes have first hand knowledge of what occured, at least to the extent it is recorded, factually provable and not the result of inference.

Webster's Dictionary First-hand adj or adv - from the original source; direct.

Thanks to all of those who took the time to repond to the actual question and request for information. I have all the info I require and have found the first hand accounts I was looking for.

Thanks for your help and information, I consider this thread concluded from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back